Hello all. We had the interview today and were approved pending the receival of two documents: a police certificate from Shanghai and from Iran. The Iranian certificate is stuck in bureaucracy. The Shanghai police have stopped issuing police certificates for foreign nationals residing in China. It's unfortunate for us.

She will start a log of each time she attempts to aquire either and perhaps in a couple of months, if she does not receive both of the documents, they will reconsider her visa.

Harold

As he said in his previous topic,

My fiancee is an Iranian citizen having lived in China for three years as a student and a professional.

Foreign National in China

I would hope that they're willing to award it once you get the Shanghai certificate, but, yes. make every effort to acquire the Iranian one, and DOCUMENT everything she does toward that end. You might include a copy of the Reciprocity Table entry for Iran at https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/IR.html#slide-7

Don't forget to have her check with the Iranian Embassy - "Clean record certificates can be obtained in Iran or from Iranian Embassies and Consulates"

Hello and thank you for your reply. She has applied for the police certificate in June but we are still waiting. We did print the reciprocity page but they focused on the part that says they are obtainable and ignored the sentence that states that they are not required. The interviewing office did check with her supervisor but to no avail.

Update: The notary office informed her that she could seek a police certificate through the university she attended in Shanghai. She went through the proper steps and collected the right signatures and stamps, took it to the central notary office in Shanghai, and was able to obtain a certified pc English translation in less than 24 hours. I don't know why they didn't tell her this the first time she contacted them. Anyways, it's a work-around if anyone ever has a similar situation.

The Iranian police certificate: she called the Iranian consulate and had no luck. We've inquired with Guangzhou about whether or not to go ahead and send in the Shanghai police certificate and have explained the circumstances surrounding the pc from Iran. I stopped short of telling them that Ankara, Turkey - where most Iranians go to interview - does not require a pc from Iran. It could have been too insulting so we left it out of the email.

Anyways, I'll provide updates as it happens.