Form I-864A confusing question........

Hello All,

It has been a very long time since I last logged into Candle......... I hope all are well.

I am working on my step-sons immigration documents and have what I hope will be a simple question for someone reading this.

On the new I-864A form, In part 5 of this document, it is asked to give the ELIS number of the beneficiary (my step-son)......... I have no idea what this number is or if we even have had one issued to us. It appears to be a number issued IF we have filed any electronic documents - and I do not remember if we filed anything electronically or not. The form indicates that you may skip this if you do not have such a number - but I do not want to skip it if indeed we do have the number. CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THIS IS A NUMBER I SHOULD HAVE AND IF THERE IS ANYWAY TO CONFIRM IF WE WERE ISSUED THIS NUMBER OR NOT? If we skip it and we do indeed have one - I don't want to cause there being anymore reasons to delay this already ridiculously long process! I would certainly appreciate the help from anybody who may know something about this matter. The only numbers I seem to have are the GUZ number, an INVOICE NUMBER, and a BENEFICIARY NUMBER.

I really do hate to come here only when I have questions - but unfortunately Candle appears to be the only place to get such help - short of hiring an expensive lawyer. Hoping you understand.

Sincerely,

Scott

I would leave it blank. You would know if you had an ELIS number.

The ELIS number it is not the receipt number nor is it the A-number.

It is issued once you create a USCIS Electronic Immigration System account.

You are not able to create any new accounts since August 31, 2015.

The log into that is system is: https://elis.uscis.dhs.gov/cislogin/login

All you need to pay the ELIS fee is the A-number and the DOS Case Number aka: GZO number.

You can do that at : https://www.us-immigration.com/blog/how-to-create-a-uscis-electronic-immigration-system-elis-account

No log in or confusing instructions needed.

Oh yeah - Hi Scott. Nice to see all is going good.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Just brought my step-son (19) here. He arrived Sept 18.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)