SerpentZA and Other Vloggers

Randy W

PewDiePie and buddies listed here (NOT really recommended reading, unless you have a stomach for it) - from the SCMP

Why a YouTube toy reviewer, aged 7, earns US$22 million – more than 9 other top-ranked YouTube influencers
  • The youngster, known for his Ryan ToysReview channel, has more than 18 million followers, but who else is in the top 10?

Some of the car YouTubers such as Jay Leno and Doug DeMuro also earn in the millions. The lawyer Steve Lehto generates an average one video every day while holding down his day job, but I'm not sure how much he earns from it.

But our China boys are nowhere near in that territory. I'm sure they're just barely eking out a living for now, and that it's less than what they were earning in China.

I imagine they had visions of becoming the Jeraldo Rivera of China

You tube is like all entertainment media, the top few are raking in millions and everybody else gets peanuts. The China boys are struggling to survive and Gweilo...

he probably doesnt make enough for his daily beer consumption.

• Like 2

I see today Laowhy will be streaming "China Fails Where the USA succeeds", with a huge picture of his wife on the thumbnail. This will be another video I skip (like most of the videos in the last year). Really considering unsubscribing at this point.

I'm also really not a fan of Laowhy putting his wife in front of the camera and having her tell the world why China sucks. As much as sometimes I don't like the US, it's my home country and I wouldn't go on YouKu or Bilibili or whatever and tell all of China why the US sucks and China is amazing, all for a couple hundred bucks (like CPC comrade Gweilo60). My wife also doesn't like many things about China and she'll be super honest with me, but she would never broadcast her thoughts and dislike to the whole world for a few bucks.

• Like 2

I see today Laowhy will be streaming "China Fails Where the USA succeeds", with a huge picture of his wife on the thumbnail. This will be another video I skip (like most of the videos in the last year). Really considering unsubscribing at this point.

I'm also really not a fan of Laowhy putting his wife in front of the camera and having her tell the world why China sucks. As much as sometimes I don't like the US, it's my home country and I wouldn't go on YouKu or Bilibili or whatever and tell all of China why the US sucks and China is amazing, all for a couple hundred bucks (like CPC comrade Gweilo60). My wife also doesn't like many things about China and she'll be super honest with me, but she would never broadcast her thoughts and dislike to the whole world for a few bucks.

I like everything you said. I unsubscribed from them about 2 years ago because of a disagreement between them and Randy and both of them jumped on him and made a video about it. They both were wrong.

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I like everything you said. I unsubscribed from them about 2 years ago because of a disagreement between them and Randy and both of them jumped on him and made a video about it. They both were wrong.

Hey, any chance you remember what video it was? Would love to see it, if it is still up

• Like 1

Oh - they've always insisted that Chinese green cards were only available to the super rich, like Elon Musk or LeBron James With a $500,000 deposit or something to that effect. Truth is, they ARE available to us peons - there are various options to use to prove your eligibility. But the applications must be approved by Beijing. It's not simply a matter of applying at the local PSM Entry & Exit Bureau.

We have a topic on that somewhere.

Applying for a Chinese Green Card

• Like 1

READ FIRST: There was some post made on here about the subject too. Matt was actually on here asking questions about visas for his wife at the time.

Randy has had a Chinese Green Card for years before these guys even came along with their know it all about China and Chinese law. attitude.

The first one is the beginning of it so look at it first. Pay attention to the references of "Green Cards"

Larry

To add that before these two clowns came along we had a guy here named Bill, if I remember correctly, and he was kind of a big shot with some international company and he had actually become a Chinese Citizen. Even showed a picture of him setting in the same box at the Olympics with the President of China with a red circle around his picture. I never saw Bill's citizenship papers but he seemed to me to be a very reputable/knowledgeable person.

• Like 1

Oh - they've always insisted that Chinese green cards were only available to the super rich, like Elon Musk or LeBron James With a $500,000 deposit or something to that effect. Truth is, they ARE available to us peons - there are various options to use to prove your eligibility. But the applications must be approved by Beijing. It's not simply a matter of applying at the local PSM Entry & Exit Bureau.

We have a topic on that somewhere.

Applying for a Chinese Green Card

I found the videos Randy but I am sure the post have been deleted it was so long ago and it is really not elevent anyway. Anyhow that is when I unsubscribed to them. Asses think that they know everything about China and their laws.

The only thing I've been able to set them straight on is that the Chinese A/C units are heat pumps - that is, they also function as heaters.

They had thought that everyone south of the Yangtze River just froze in the winter.

C-Milk actually checked it out with his own unit.

Matthew talked about it a bit in his green card video, there is a difference in concept of citizenship/nationality in the west and in China. Because of that difference you will never have analagous processes between (say) China and the US. Do you guys know any foreigners who have a PRC passport?

I watched the live stream, when you get past the click baity title and thumbnail, its mostly an upbeat chat about how people have come together to help each other, including strangers, in the US. He says that people in China wouldn't react the same way, but he doesn't dwell on it. I have no idea whether the comment is valid or not.

All in all, its a pretty low key video, probably not really worth watching if you have something better to do, but I didnt find it offensive or outrageous so its not that much fun.

See Gweilo 60's video about the coronavirus gauntlet they faced when returning to China from Thailand

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/50020-wuhan-pnuemonia-becomes-covid-19/?p=644541

All that shilling for the CCP and then they stick him in a crappy hotel, separated from his wife, no beer, lousy wifi. I can understand the rationale for quarantine but why two separate rooms and why not let them self quarantine in their home? I thought China had a quick reliable antibody test for Covid, but I guess down market hotels need the business.