Where have all the Chinese ladies Gone?

Thomas Promise

I was watching Chinese women in China, American women in America, and I came to a theory.

All women (people?) like to show off their best assets.

Women in America tend to be "top heavy", and as a result you see low cut shirts, under-boob, side-boob .. whatever.

Women bodies and legs in America tend to be heavier, so they wear clothing that don't show off those parts, loose pants, and dresses.

Women in China tend to be limited on the top, but have beautiful legs, and hiney, and as a result you see short skirts, tight pants.

The tops in China are much more conservative, because they don't have much to show off on top.

Men are ugly everywhere, so pants and shirt to cover as much as possible.

Truth is I don't see WHY women like us men.. I am not complaining, but if I was a woman I am pretty sure I'd be lesbian.

Of course there are exceptions to this, but in general I think its accurate.

• Like 3

You guys are jest a couple of dirty old men that's all. :george:

Why, yes we are cuzin' Larry. We can't help ourselves, and we don't want no stinkin' help, either. :rotfl:

Credz, you pretty much nailed it....like you usually do.

Women are pretty because they are made of men's ribs. Men are ugly because they are made of dirt lol

Right you are, southern belle. And that is why some of us men are called "dirty old men". LOL

• Like 1

It has been almost 5 months since one of our Chinese gals have posted anything. It is always nice to get our better halves feedback.

Very simply said, CFL has never been a site that had more than a couple of Chinese ladies who post or participate. Chinese women have so many choices where they can share and interact, and sharing with a bunch of old guys is just not the sort of place that feels safe or interesting. The old timers should know this by now.

• Like 1

Yeah!!!!! You dang old guys should know that fact by now. You don't make em; feel safe and you are uninteresting...and YOU ARE OLD!!!!!!. I think some of you may have died last week, and are too old to fall over. :victory:

You old farts just answer their and their boy friends immigration questions on how to get them through their interviews and over here to America...then jes shaddup after you've served your purpose and are no longer needed!!!! :rotfl:

tsap seui

Young, dapper,

very interesting :happydance:

It has been almost 5 months since one of our Chinese gals have posted anything. It is always nice to get our better halves feedback.

Very simply said, CFL has never been a site that had more than a couple of Chinese ladies who post or participate. Chinese women have so many choices where they can share and interact, and sharing with a bunch of old guys is just not the sort of place that feels safe or interesting. The old timers should know this by now.

Good points. Chinese ladies have so many choices to share that hanging around here should be a last resort. :lol:

• Like 1

What are you saying guys? Do you mean I should be away too? Are you not good guys? I didn't see that lol

Today I like to share one more question. This afternoon I was invited by my boss to her family. We had a nice dinner and great time. Another woman boss likes me to go to her church. Then pretty soon I'll be her family tutor teaching them Chinese language because she wants to bless me for my finance. But there is a saying, "Do not make business out of pleasure." Guys, do you think I should stay away from the colleague's friendship? though they are all decent ladies.

What are you saying guys? Do you mean I should be away too? Are you not good guys? I didn't see that lol

Today I like to share one more question. This afternoon I was invited by my boss to her family. We had a nice dinner and great time. Another woman boss likes me to go to her church. Then pretty soon I'll be her family tutor teaching them Chinese language because she wants to bless me for my finance. But there is a saying, "Do not make business out of pleasure." Guys, do you think I should stay away from the colleague's friendship? though they are all decent ladies.

I vote to go. It is an opportunity for you to share. And, it would be difficult to explain why you would refuse her invitation. Don't worry about it too much. :)

• Like 1

I vote to go. It is an opportunity for you to share. And, it would be difficult to explain why you would refuse her invitation. Don't worry about it too much. :)

Go for it! If you just sit home you will become a Lao tai tai.

Several years ago, I recall several ABC and professional Chinese families who actively worked to recruit new Chinese immigrant women to help teach their children Chinese language for free. They were very pushy and demanding of the new immigrant women. The spirit of giving is a good thing, but even better at 30-bucks an hour per student, which of course they would have never paid. In the end, I agree with your sentiment of not mixing business with pleasure.

I was tongue-in-cheek in my earlier post about Chinese women who use this site. It goes without saying that this is a man-dominated site, but it's always nice to get a female perspective. As for where all the Chinese women have gone? Well, most of them have migrated from QQ over to WeChat.

:-)

Edited by HotBaozi (see edit history)

Hi Catherine, It is good to see you here. Sounds like you are adapting to living here. It is good to hear about your experiences in the USA. All of us here share connections and experiences between China and the US. Our shared experiences are similar to looking in a mirror. Depending on which side of the mirror we are, the view is the same and yet it is different. Does that make any sense? Personally I hope you continuously to bless us with your presences on this forum. I enjoying reading your post and I learn a lot from you. Hopefully the experiences are the same with you.

As far as your question, my answer is yes and no. The first boss invited you to her house to meet her family. The invitation are made of friendliness. As for the second boss's invitation to go to church with her her motives and actions are questionable. Is she just being friendly or is she using you? Not quite sure what you are saying when you said: " Another woman boss likes me to go to her church. Then pretty soon I'll be her family tutor teaching them Chinese language because she wants to bless me for my finance. " Have these things happen already or do you think they will happened? ( Are you meeting any new friends at church? Do you think that the boss' family who you are tutoring will stick with trying to learn Chinese or will they soon lose interests in it?) Yes, mixing business with pleasure can be a dangerous thing.

Hope to see you and other Chinese friends continue to visit this forum. Dannyb

Catherine,

My opinion, worth every penny of the free cost:

Regarding the invitation to her church: if you like the church YOU go to, stay with your church ... you can still go to her church, but I think she wants you to join. So, it is a delicate situation. Remember to say to anyone you are introduced to that you have joined a different church but you are honored by the opportunity to VISIT their church. Because there might be some hurt feelings.

Regarding tutoring: Given that you were a professor of Chinese back in China (is that right?), you would not give this service for free. In fact, there must be several community colleges in Tulsa where you can be an adjunct professor and be paid to teach someday, if you want.

I think a good business would be to teach the Chinese college students there how to cook. They leave home without knowing much. Save them from the American super-sized diet!

Greg