Where have all the Chinese ladies Gone?

Thomas Promise

lol Cre, your wife must be from the south of China. She trained you to enjoy spicy food. A few days ago a Chinese lady gave me a spray of hot pepper for protection. From curiosity I pressed the top to my floor. As a result we coughed and laughed, laughed and coughed.

Broccoli, onion, mushrooms will play safe as Tsap says. Gosh, haven't seen you for a long time. Southern Bella, Sue, is greeting Mr. Rawknee!!

I think I'll play with chicken breast, called Guo Baorou,instead of chicken wings. There is no bones in the breast meat. hey, who says Americans don't like bones? They like steak and ribs baked in oven!

One more question. In China there is a small cup beneath the "Fan" above the burners. The small cup is to suck in the fume oil from cooking. I don't like to fry my rooms with smog but I want to know in America where is the fume gone with the American sucking guy? I can't see any containers above my burners.

In America, the fan (usually) simply vents to the outside after passing directly through the filter. In China, the filter is designed to catch the oil and drain it into the little cup.

Standard American stove hood fans won't keep up with Chinese cooking. When my wife cooks fish with hot oil we have to turn on the ceiling fan and open the doors. It stinks up the whole house to smell like fish. I'm getting ready to build her the outdoor covered cooking area she asked me for. I'll incorporate the BBQ grill and a Chinese gas burner. That way the neighbors can share my discomfort. Americans don't mind bones in the meat as long as it hasn't been chopped with a meat cleaver leaving splinters and bone fragments. We're used to chicken having bones.

For Americans not used to eating real Chinese food Guangdong or Hong Kong style food is your safest bet but don't be afraid to let them try something different. Remember they're guests not customers They can't ask for their money back.

• Like 1

Standard American stove hood fans won't keep up with Chinese cooking. When my wife cooks fish with hot oil we have to turn on the ceiling fan and open the doors. It stinks up the whole house to smell like fish. I'm getting ready to build her the outdoor covered cooking area she asked me for. I'll incorporate the BBQ grill and a Chinese gas burner. That way the neighbors can share my discomfort. Americans don't mind bones in the meat as long as it hasn't been chopped with a meat cleaver leaving splinters and bone fragments. We're used to chicken having bones.

For Americans not used to eating real Chinese food Guangdong or Hong Kong style food is your safest bet but don't be afraid to let them try something different. Remember they're guests not customers They can't ask for their money back.

Very well put, Carl. Yes, Americans are used to (and like) whole bone in meats, with the bones separated at the joints (NOT chopped).

Mind the spiciness, too. Some guests will prefer NO spiciness, so either mildly spicy, or a selection of spicy or no.

Thank you, everyone! I learned a new word here: cleaver!

Yes, I understand, no one needs bone crumbs or splinters in his mouth when chewing. That sounds terrible!

One of the heavens on Earth is being blessed with a Chinese cook. My wife and I exchange different cooking methods. We are both very good cooks and have a love affair with food. Her Chinese cooking is the best. My Western style cooking is the best. This shows product knowledge which spawns enthusiasm which is the daughter of confidence and hope.

I showed her how to make chicken cacciatore and it turned out great. She couldn't wait to tell everyone her success and posted her new found expertise in Italian cooking. "Tom, show me how to cook Italian food. Very good to eat. Chinese cooking is very quickly. Italian cuisine is a longer period of time. We overcome the cultural conflict completed this cuisine. We got to enjoy the delicious. Very Happy!"

This is what its all about learning from each other with caring and sharing. To enjoy a good marriage both husband and wife have understand they are on the same side.

Good job! Tom! Yes, International marriage brings a big challenge to those who are involved. Eating habit is among the challenges. I agree that a good marriage is based on mutual understanding, like you said, "on the same side". Of course it takes much more effort in nourishing "your heaven on earth". May God continue blessing you in his unique way!

How is everyone doing? I just typed a funny experience with At&T to share, but all my typings disappeared within a wink of an eye. Now I have to do it again.

I'd failed setting up an auto-payment account online for my prepaid phone. So yesterday, Oct 23, I went to the service counter to get help. It's hard to believe that three guys all made more or less mistakes when serving for me.

The first guy who came to help me surprised me and everyone else because I was on the third place on the waiting list. He skipped others right in front of everyone. I allowed him to give me the privilege. lol Then he took me to a billing machine for me to set up an auto account. Guess what? he led me pay for only one month. He made a mistake. Next he had to use my pass code to go on helping me. I had no idea what is my pass word to my phone as I was in a knackered situation when I fist came to America. It took him quite a while searching for my password from his I-pad. By now everyone was complaining. Politely I made an appointment for today, Oct 24, to come and go on with the job. So that was yesterday. Oh, l will post now before my sharing disappeared again.

Today as scheduled I came to At&T again. A second guy informed me that my phone will stay active until next month, Nov 23rd because I just paid for 30 days yesterday. It meant I'm losing seven-day phone fee as my last payment should keep me until Oct 30. I trusted the second guy completely because he found my passcode within one minute from his I-pad. He seemed more professional. He also told me that I can't set up an auto-account until the last day before my phone stays active. So I have to wait. Then I went home forgiving the fist guy.

After I left At&T, I realized that Americans wouldn't endure such service. Why should I lose seven days phone fee? I don't want to lose one penny.

So I went back for the third time. This time I required to talk to their boss personally, face to face. Their boss is the third guy who also made a mistake to me. When I related to the third guy what happened to me, he embarrassed himself. My English is not fast enough like native speakers, he should have waited until I was finished talking to him. But he didn't. I said the first guy didn't find my pass code, the boss quickly told me that they had no passcode record as pass word is a private matter. Now I see how inefficient they are! I surely let the boss know that I already got my pass code from the second guy. The boss isn't more professional than the employees, I bet.

In the end, the boss helped me set up the auto-account. I don't have to go to the counter to pay anymore.

Now I wonder if there is someone in our forum who works for At&T? I can't believe it's a true story happening at a professional legal phone company.

After I left At&T, I realized that Americans wouldn't endure such service.

Our cultures are the same in that regard: let 'em have it!

In the end, the boss helped me set up the auto-account. I don't have to go to the counter to pay anymore.

Now I wonder if there is someone in our forum who works for At&T? I can't believe it's a true story happening at a professional legal phone company.

He proved the guy wrong who said you can not set up the auto-pay until the last day. But, didn't the manager train THAT guy?

If it helps, I have had much worse experience recently with T-Mobile. I am actually grateful when they connect me to somebody in India. Remember, we shop for price so we keep forcing their costs down until they can not pay their employees very much.

Soon, all cell providers will provide essentially the same service and it will truly be a "commodity" - already is, I think.

thank you Greg for reading my long post! yes, the third guy did prove that the second guy was saying wrong. I didn't further grip the second guy. I only wanted my seven days phone fee back to me as well as my auto-account. So I'm now grateful and happy. I'm happy with most services in America. They are much better than those in China.

Here is a bunch of crawling exercise. Who dares to walk on feet and hands unless you have your own farm? I do not dare to do it in public.

• Like 1

Here is a bunch of crawling exercise. Who dares to walk on feet and hands unless you have your own farm? I do not dare to do it in public.

You could join in China...

http://i64.tinypic.com/x44qys.jpg

https://thenanfang.com/newest-fitness-craze-hit-china-walking-hands-feet/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_term=Autofeed#link_time=1445819960

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)
  • Like 1