Traveling on B1/B2 pending CR-1

Traveling while AP should not cause problem for the pending visa.

Only issue could be denied entry at the US POE, the POE officer can always see the visa case is in AP and suspect traveling to the US because of a problem with AP.

Traveling while AP should not cause problem for the pending visa.

Only issue could be denied entry at the US POE, the POE officer can always see the visa case is in AP and suspect traveling to the US because of a problem with AP.

That's what we were thinking as well. Maybe proof of a return flight would help alleviate any concerns at the POE.

If her CR-1 is approved while still in the US, is there a way to finish up the process from there? I think she needs to return to China to finalize, correct?

Proof of return flight won't help, you can always cancel it or abandon the return trip, the POE knows this.

And no you cannot finish a visa process in the states, this is strictly handled in Guangzhou using the CITIC bank in China to send passport to the consulate and get the visa packet returned. I do not even think you could file an I-485 to adjust status with an I-130 having gone all the way to the consulate and an interview conducted.