wife want to file i-130 for her mom and sibling

if your wife become citizen and she has parents or sibling still in china...and if she wants her parents/sibling to live with her....isn't it easier than if she was a green card holder?

can someone with this experience chime in and let us know the process and the timeframe if their wife become citizen and want to bring her parent or sibling to the usa to live with them. from the process from beginning to end, how long on average did it took for you?

if one want to bring the mom to live in the usa permanently what kind of visa would the wife petition and how long the process will take from beginning to end in generally? years and years of waiting?

she has a 10 years green card.

how long will it take from beginning to end to bring her mom to live with her in the usa?

if wife become usa citizen, i heard the process speed up, but how much quicker?

if one want to bring the mom to live in the usa permanently what kind of visa would the wife petition and how long the process will take from beginning to end in generally? years and years of waiting?

First step is wife needs to naturalize and become a US Citizen, she cannot file an I-130 for parent or sibling while holding only a green-card.

After becoming a US Citizen, wife would file an I-130 for an IR-5 visa for parent, and another I-130 for sibling.

Documents to attach to the I-130 are:

• Copy of naturalization cert proving US Citizenship
  • Copy of Chinese birth cert + english translation showing relationship to parents
  • Copy of US Marriage cert showing name change if name changed through marriage in the states
  • For sibling I-130 would also attach sibling's birth cert and translation showing relationship to same parents.

Timeline for parent a year or so depending on processing time at USCIS, NVC, and Consulate, and if you opt into using NVC Electronic Process. As for sibling, expect process to take 10 years or so, due to limited number of visas for Family Class 4 visas.

The visa petition for sibling also will provide visas for sibling's spouse and underaged children.