To The Southern Contingent of CFL

Jingwen, the kids, and I have settled in and are enjoying life to the fullest. Time to share with our friends at CFL.

I know Bobby and Robert come to Atlanta from time to time. Since I live in Atlanta, I wanted to extend an invitation to everybody to get together for a day/weekend at my humble abode, maybe for a good Southern/Chinese cookout.

The house is small, but there is a gas grill and smoker in the backyard, and the weather is getting much better, so I thought this would be a chance for our wives to all get together and share stories while us men do what men do best - grill and shoot the bull over a cold one.

So, I am throwing out the first weekend in May. Maybe Partrick and Li will be together by then. Maybe George and Ning will have resolved the post interview name check. Maybe Mick will be a daddy.

Dates are flexible, but I wanted to start the ball rolling.

Well Frank, It is unlikely that Li and I will be together by then. Even through all of this mess we are dealing with at the moment, she still wasnt going to come here till June or July because she needs to finish her Bachelors degree 1st.

But we both appreciate the offer, and in fact, if it stands, maybe we can get together in July or August.

Maybe i Li and I can make the same offer. I live on a nice lake in South Carolina. I have a pontoon that will seat about 12 people. We could spend the day on the lake and swap stories.

Anyway, Thanks for the offer, and as soon as we are together we will try to join in on some of the get-togethers.

Patrick :lol:

frank,

What a great idea. Regional get togethers. I think the wives would truly enjoy the chance to talk to some of their "homeys". As of now my darlin' is still in china--but 3 days to interview. I think if several members of the newest "southern dynasty" can get together it would be simple to make it an anual or even more often event. Also, I never realized there are others in the area. I live just North of Nashville and have a good place for such events. You know---good sized house and a travel trailer for guests as well as a self-contained RV and a boat on Old hickory Lake.. I doubt Atlanta is in my future in May---but you never know. Right now i am concentrating on the next 3 days. Anyway---good idea-let me know how it goes and if it is worth repeating. Hmmmmmm BBQ chicken feet smoked slowly over wet hickory smothered with Soy-B-Que sauce washed down with a Miller--sounds goood.

No problems for me here. I think as far as a place to meet goes, a nice centralized location is good. My vote would be for Atlanta as its kind of centralized and has a good-sized asian community. I wouldn't be against throwing together a map of places to shop and good dim sum places that I know of in the Atlanta area, and maybe maintaining it online or something. Mayhaps we should regionalize the US. It seems most people are doing it (re: portland folks and boston folks).

Sounds great Frank but we are five hours away and seven months pregnant. Doubt I can get Li to sit in the car for that long. We went to the movie the other day, two hours long. Poor thing had to make four trips to the restroom. Thanks for the invite though. Maybe after the baby is born and able to travel a bit. Atlanta is nice but then, so is rural Tennessee.