hehehe Wife made me giggle.

Hui asked me if I was going to go buy some WEDGEtables for dinner. I just giggled like Butthead and said Sure no problems weird lady.

After 5 years she still speaks 60% English 40% of what I call HuiLish. I correct her English often but not to much I do sotra miss the days when only I knew what the hell she was saying.

• Like 1

Bing and I are coming up on our 11th anniversary June 1st. We still have our own language no one else would understand. I should correct her more but it interrupts the flow of conversation.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Bing and I are coming up on our 11th anniversary June 1st. We still have our own language no one else would understand. I should correct her more but it interrupts the flow of conversation.

Yep, were approaching our 11 years too. I'd say its about 70/30 and truly mixed up and unique. I can understand her friends somewhat well, and a USA person trying to speak Chinese not very good at all, unless they live together with a native speaker and have the tones correct.

My wife use to speak almost perfect english especially when we had a business for 13 years but now that I have sold that and retired again her english is getting more rusty. But I actually love it to tell the truth. :secret:

Where I notice it get rusty, is after an extended trip back home. Almost like talking to a new person with the same voice. :oneeye: