Few questions around timing and passport return

My wife and I have been going through the CR-1 DCF process and are at the point of the medical and interview. We've also been planning a trip to Europe in late May. We had mapped out the timing of everything and thought it would all work out, but her Schengen visa for our Europe trip is taking longer than planned and we do not have her passport back at this time. Her medical appointment is on Friday so we are now getting concerned.

Our initial planned timeframe (which we thought was a bit tight but would be sufficient):

March 27 submit for Schengen visa (processing time was given as 4 working days)

April 10 medical appointment

April 20 interview in Guangzhou

May 15 leave for Europe trip

Questions are:

• What is the process to expedite the medical results? We are doing it in Shanghai and she called them and was told they could not expedite, which conflicts with what i've read. If we need to reschedule her medical appointment would need to expedite the results to keep our same interview date
  • At the interview, I expect to receive only preliminary approval because of her CCP status (she is a member). If this is the case, do they still collect her passport or do we get to keep it until final approval? Also, in the case of her getting an actual full approval, about how long do they keep the passport before returning to us.

1) You could always drop the Shanghai Medical and do it a couple days before interview in Guangzhou.

2) In the case of CCP AP they will return the passport to you and will request it later once the CCP waiver has been approved.

1) You could always drop the Shanghai Medical and do it a couple days before interview in Guangzhou.

2) In the case of CCP AP they will return the passport to you and will request it later once the CCP waiver has been approved.

Quick follow up, in the case of AP due to CCP, once approved how will we get the passport to them? Another trip to Guangzhou or something more simple like sending through CITIC?

Quick follow up, in the case of AP due to CCP, once approved how will we get the passport to them? Another trip to Guangzhou or something more simple like sending through CITIC?

They will direct you to drop it off at a CITIC bank location, and they will return it to a CITIC bank branch, you will be directed to visit the CGI Stanley US Travel Docs Website to set up where to drop off and pick up the passport and visa

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-221ginfo.asp

I tried to make some screen shots and explanations for idiots like me. We just went through AP for CCP and finally got approved. There are a lot of finer points about CITIC and all that junk not just jumping out at a feller. http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/47406-preliminarily-approved-ccp-citic-cgi-stanley-uid-number-birth-cert/ Even page 2 has some stuff to look at while waiting. Of course some other threads have information for you DCF folks that is different than us state side guys. Just search around. I think the papers they give you for the CCP is a little different, can't remember.

Also yes it was no problem for my wife to have her passport and travel before approval.