Three questions please

Hello, everyone!

You know I've been preparing myself for American life. Please don't mind me always asking questions. CFL is the only place where I get help in English. You guys have been helping me a lot. My gratitude goes to everyone of you beyond description.

(1) Could someone please recommend me some American movies for me to practice listening to English? not violent or flesh things, thanks a lot.

(2) Could anyone know if there are some books of Chinese traditional fairy tales or Chinese stories in English? I don't need Chinese language but English version. I've already got "Three kingdoms" in English. Now I want to collect some simple and easy ones.

(3) My last question is the meaning of your names. I know most of you have a strong sense of humor in talking or in your nickname. But I know nothing of your humor, even can't pronounce your name, such as Credzba, Warpedbored, Dnoblett, Tsap Seui. I guess Nuworld means New World with its implied meaning of a new life. Randy, Mick, Thomas, Dennis, Doug, are more easier for me to pronounce lol, Amberjack is friendly too. lol But Jack is a man's name. Is Amber a girl's name? Please know I'm only learning, not being rude.

Xiexie Dajia!

• Like 1

Catherineli:

I can't answer your first two question only for the fact i do watch a lot of violent (action) films.

What can i say, I'm a guy!

As for your 3rd question: your are correct as my internet name does mean: Nuworld means New World with its implied meaning of a new life.

Before i joined CLF i was a lurker here on the forum and was only a guest (Not a member) That was back in 2006.

After reading many posts for many months this forum/Family changed my out look on things and gave new life to me.

That is when i decided to join this family and have never looked back.

If you hang around here on CFL for some time you will see members come and go.

They will join, ask questions and get there wife/husbands here in the U.S. and you'll never see them again.

Everyone you know now today on CFL has been with this family many many years.

They always come back home to the family and always will.

I would not know what to do with out the family of CFL.

My wife has been here in the U.S. now for 8 years.

And i still come to this forum/family everyday.

In fact i visit this family many times a day.

I'll post now and then and more often now for my sister in law is also going down this visa road.

I hope this help you understand the mind set of some old and new members thinking.

Mike. AKA Nuworld.

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

"Mick" is a nickname I picked up as a kid and even to this day, many people know me by that name, rather than my given name, which is Dwight. I was given the nickname Mick because I played baseball sun up to sun down. I was fairly good at the sport and because I played center field and was a switch hitter, my friends called me Mick, after a famous baseball player named Mickey Mantle, who was a switch hitting center fielder. The name just stuck I guess. I have used that as my pen name all my life - most of my published writing is under the name Mick.

• Like 1

1. Pretty much whatever you like, perhaps romantic comedies.

2. Perhaps: Classic Chinese Stories: A Glimpse into the Vast and Fabled History of China with Editor's Comment Follows Each Story

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Chinese-Stories-Glimpse-History/dp/1478227575 Not sure if Amazon will ship to China, may have to have someone buy it for you and then mail it over.

3. I am a computer worker, common user names for computers us first initial last name thus dnoblett = Dan Noblett

I have read a couple books by a Chinese author named Da Chen, he immigrated to the USA when attending college, he wrote a two book memoir about growing up in China during the cultural revolution, working hard to get into college and learning English and then being accepted into a program in the USA.

Colors of the Mountain http://www.amazon.com/Colors-Mountain-Da-Chen/dp/0385720602/

Sounds of the River: A Young Man's University Days in Beijing http://www.amazon.com/Sounds-River-Young-University-Beijing/dp/0060958723

credzba has no meaning, just characters that make a word, though it is the only name I use on internet, and so you can find other interests where I have posted using credzba.

I am very cautious of my internet privacy, and I try to keep any identifying information off the internet.

I am certain, somewhere there is a link between my real name and my Credzba name, but I try to keep that from happening.

My picture is not me, my name is not me.

credzba has no meaning, just characters that make a word, though it is the only name I use on internet, and so you can find other interests where I have posted using credzba.

I am very cautious of my internet privacy, and I try to keep any identifying information off the internet.

I am certain, somewhere there is a link between my real name and my Credzba name, but I try to keep that from happening.

My picture is not me, my name is not me.

Very true about searching the web, from a very quick search I can figure you were or are in Texas, Dallas or Austin perhaps.

I won't name names though. Yes privacy on the internet is quite difficult to maintain.

Catherine belle, tsap seui is just a name I found when I was lookin' for a screen name for Candle. Chopped veggies and whatever....yep, that sounds about right, I figgered.

In most states, Amber is a girl's name.....maybe not in that big state out on the west coast, but in most states. LOL

Rawknee

The sound that my southern mother made when she said my name....Ronny. As in..... Rawknee, stop throwin' that baseball and git yore butt in here to eats these grits n' eggs, boy.

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Yajie, my handle is actually a fish caught in the Atlantic Ocean "Gulf Stream". I caught one on a fishing trip that weighed in at 25 pounds and won the pot for the day and another free fishing trip to the Gulf Stream the next day. Pot: no not that kind guys. Almost everyone puts in a dollar and whoever catches the biggest fish of the day gets all the money. I have a picture of it but am to lazy to look it up and post it. :mellow:

I use it for almost all my postings on other sites with few exceptions. That being things like my bank account etc. etc I am like Credzba. I have actually just a few months ago posted here more about my private life and that of my wife's than I have ever done before. For almost 13 years no one knew my wife's name other than wife. No one had ever seen a picture of either one of us. As for my picture that is for obvious reasons. :tomato: I do post my first name as it is such a common name but for the most part the rest is kept private. You know more about me than anyone else as we have become good friends over the last year or so. I hope that we stay good friend for a long time to come. As you know I have a Facebook page with nothing on it. I use it only to find friends from long, long ago to get back in contact with before I kick the bucket. :dgoat:

I hope that you have a good day.

Thank you, guys, very much!!

I'll pay attention to the books, "Colors of the Mountain. Sounds of the River. A Glimpse into the Vast and Fabled History of China with Editor's Comment Follows Each Story. I'll also spend some time watching Forest Gump, Stell Magnolias. I do need some movies to pull my ears into American society.

Guys, also thank you for your patience with me. I always enjoy westerner's humor in the daily life. However, your humor is just a tiny drop of water in the human ocean. I know I'll never finish learning everything and I don't have to learn people's names, as a matter of fact. I have much too much to explore. Everyone's time and energy is limited. There are only 24 hours a day though I do enjoy your culture and your language. Sometimes I wonder if it's a sin for me to learn English. The story of Babel Tower is known to everyone. God doesn't want people to understand each other's language but I'm choosing to study your language. Am I being against God's will? lol

After I arrive in the New World, I won't have more time online but I do love this forum. I like everyone of you!! Amberjack always moves me. I'll stay friend to you and to everyone. So I'll come to visit CFL no matter how busy I will be.

Perhaps, I should put on a fake picture and a fake name too. Do you like to call me George? lol :happydance: Please know I NEVER EVER mean to pry into anyone's life. I respect all of you with my most sincerity. Honest!!

Best wishes to all of you!!

Georgecatherine

• Like 1

Yajie, you are a breath of fresh air to a computer site whose biggest intertainment is answering immigration questions, posting videos of favorite rock 'n roll bands and/or discussing how the Vietnam war screwed up some of our lives. :sosad:

We enjoy your inquisitive mind and your passion to learn! Never stop... and, I hope that you do let us know when you are here so that we can meet face to face if possible. :)

• Like 1

Ya know Catherineli, you are a breath of fresh air on good ol' Candle. just as are the many new folks who come on with immigration issues and questions, and the Chinese ladies who stop in from time to time. Maybe Candle has become a lil' long in the tooth for some folks, but thank goodness some of us still answer immigration questions, and make positive posts. Many of us use what we went through and studied for many years to get our loved ones over here....and actually pay ahead in our ways for the information given us. :rotfl: And I must say to Carl and our great mods, thank you for not letting our board become one of those "everything China bash sites" where that is about the only thing, I can only guess, "entertainment" that even gets posted about.

You will find that Candle has many forums on it. They are there for the reader that finds the content of interest to themselves. Since it was mentioned specifically let's take a Vietnam sub-forum for example, the posts in it don't even pretend to pertain to every member. I will say, I read many of the forums on Candle, but I don't read every post on every forum. Some of the forums just do not pertain to me, so I don't read every single forum, or post in them...but it doesn't make me feel like I need to make disparaging remarks about those forums....they just don't pertain to me, and my life....but I know, they are of interest to others. Who am I to disparage them? Why should I take it upon myself to post negativity about others, just because they are talking in a forum that doesn't have anything to do with me? It is not like anyone from Candle is bending my arm up behind my back to read some of the forums...I am adult enough to pass on threads that I have nothing to offer, that don't pertain to me, and I've never felt like I needed to make childish remarks about the folks who post in those forums.

Negativity is just an outward sign of what is going on inside one's personal world. Luckily, most of us that post on Candle are happy folks. :victory: Happy folks that hardly ever use negative, sad, or angry smiley icons. :winkiss: :V:

By the way, immigration questions is what got Candle started in the first place. Helping others, not disparaging or running around incessantly sniping at others in the process. I thrive on seeing other's success, commiserating when folks have problems, just helping in those all important immigration questions where I still can. Candle gives most of us who post on it....a good feeling. :cheering: May most of us never get worn out, or over the hill. :yay: Life is beautiful.

tsap seui

• Like 2