Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

There is no need to have such large file sizes for PDF documents. You can download a 30-day trial copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro for free and modify the optimize settings to ensure downsampling to 72 dpi. Then, it's simply a matter of optimizing. I had a well-over 100 page document that saved and optimized to under 4-megabytes. The trade-off is quality, but if you play with it a bit you can find the narrow groove that produces a clean an legible document for on-screen viewing. 72 dpi is all that's necessary and most PDF application default settings are well over that so you'll need to change it to get smaller file sizes. The documents I sent to the NVC that were over 5-megabytes were automatically returned and failed for being too big.

There is no need to have such large file sizes for PDF documents. You can download a 30-day trial copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro for free and modify the optimize settings to ensure downsampling to 72 dpi. Then, it's simply a matter of optimizing. I had a well-over 100 page document that saved and optimized to under 4-megabytes. The trade-off is quality, but if you play with it a bit you can find the narrow groove that produces a clean an legible document for on-screen viewing. 72 dpi is all that's necessary and most PDF application default settings are well over that so you'll need to change it to get smaller file sizes. The documents I sent to the NVC that were over 5-megabytes were automatically returned and failed for being too big.

Thanks, what was the total size of the email you sent including all the PDFs?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I tried sending 23 MB in one email that contained 41 PDF attachments. Biggest single attachment was 1.9 MB. This 23 MB email immediately bounced back as undelivered due to size limitation (although I was able to send to myself no problem).

I then created 5 emails labeled (1 of 5), (2 of 5), etc, and divided up my 41 PDF attachments so each email was under 5 MB in total. I prepared drafts of all 5, and sent all 5 withing 3 minutes of each other. Then, I immediately received 5 automated confirmation emails back from NVC saying they received each one.

Now, I'm just waiting for the visa officer to reply.