11 Things Asians Love

Today I clicked open the video about 11 things Asians love. It's a fun, I like it. I wonder how Americans think of sharing food in one dish with many people. I understand and respect them very much when they have to give up their own habit of eating his own. I feel funny that some couples eat from his own dish as if they don't like each other's saliva but they never mind saliva when doing "French kiss".

I don't like sharing food with others from one dish.

In America, we do what makes our guests happy.

Eating at our house your expected to leave shoes at the door, and everyone eats from 1 plate. The reason is we only have a few bowls, glasses, 1 fork knife, 2 spoons, and many chop sticks. We have no way to give each person seperate dish at home.

Eating outside, we get separate dish at American restaurant, but shared dish at Chinese restaurant.

If our guest are American, then at Chinese restaurant we ask if they want separate dish, or share dish.

Many times, Americans are willing to try share dish, but we put spoon in each dish so that the personal chop sticks are not used in main dish.

In China, I have been with my wife on many tourist trips, and we always eat out of common bowls.

I never thought anything about it, I guess germs etc. just don't bother me.

• Like 1

In America, we do what makes our guests happy.

Eating at our house your expected to leave shoes at the door, and everyone eats from 1 plate. The reason is we only have a few bowls, glasses, 1 fork knife, 2 spoons, and many chop sticks. We have no way to give each person seperate dish at home.

Eating outside, we get separate dish at American restaurant, but shared dish at Chinese restaurant.

If our guest are American, then at Chinese restaurant we ask if they want separate dish, or share dish.

Many times, Americans are willing to try share dish, but we put spoon in each dish so that the personal chop sticks are not used in main dish.

In China, I have been with my wife on many tourist trips, and we always eat out of common bowls.

I never thought anything about it, I guess germs etc. just don't bother me.

We have our own table manner. We eat the part that is towards our place when sharing the one dish. Sharing one dish, we're not supposed to pick food from other directions with the chopsticks. I like westerners eating manner more. They eat more quietly and peacefully.

• 1 year later...

Catherine, Hello. You didn't click on the correct thing. You clicked on the bottom of the post ( I think). That does take you to a song. A very pretty song. You have to click on the triangle of the photos. In the center. It is Karaoke not Karoke. Some of the other things that were listed DDR. I never heard or seen that one. Some type of dance machine activity. Anime and Cosplay were also listed. And walking around, SAN BU. I am curious to see if you agree with the list. also they talked about bubble tea. What is bubble tea? Most of the other things had to do with food. I wonder where these guys got some those things. Hope you had a good Holiday. Danb

About that song at the bottom of the post. That is posted on You Tube. I was assuming that you were about to access You Tube. Now after rereading your post I guess you can't so I am not sure what song you heard. The other items listed were eating,hot pot, buffet, ramen, Hello Kitty,and taking photos.

I know this is old news.... but I did not see anyone explain "DDR".... It stands for Dance Dance Revolution and the video shows it pretty well. It was a huge, very brief, fad a few years ago. Or was it a few decades ago???

• 5 years later...

How Boba Became a Symbol of ‘Asian Cool’ .

Initially dismissed as having no appeal outside of Asia, bubble tea has become a sleek, fashionable drink in countries around the world.

Read more: http://ow.ly/yktm50GNKx9

from the Sixth Tone on Facebook 
https://www.facebook.com/sixthtone/photos/a.1604152706570250/3089709048014601

How Boba Became a Symbol of ‘Asian Cool’
Initially dismissed as having no appeal outside of Asia, bubble tea has become a sleek, fashionable drink in countries around the world.

This April, in the middle of yet another wave of COVID-19, a curious news item caught my eye: Thanks to snarls in the global supply chain and pandemic-related labor shortages, the western United States was facing a shortfall of the tapioca pearls known as boba, raising fears of a broader bubble tea shortage.

That Western mainstream media outlets were covering a possible shortfall of bubble tea, of all things, suggests how far the drink has come in the American popular consciousness since the late 1990s, when experts dismissed boba’s potential in the United States. “Unless you’re going to have some kind of mystical, ancient Chinese power from drinking it, [bubble tea] is not going to go anywhere,” the director of the Trends Research Institute Gerald Celente told the San Francisco Chronicle in 1999.

• 2 years later...
On 11/16/2021 at 3:16 PM, Randy W said:

How Boba Became a Symbol of ‘Asian Cool’ .

Read more: http://ow.ly/yktm50GNKx9

from the Sixth Tone on Facebook 
https://www.facebook.com/sixthtone/photos/a.1604152706570250/3089709048014601

How Boba Became a Symbol of ‘Asian Cool’