11 Things Asians Love

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

I clicked here. It is the song, not about food Asians love. What is Karoke? I don't mind noodles but I don't think much of hot pot. I like to eat quietly and peacefully, then the hot bubbles from the soup right before me make me nervous. The hot steam may cover my glasses so I won't be able to find my mouth lol. What are the other food that Asians love? I can't check it out from here.

Catherine, Hello. You didn't click on the correct thing. You clicked on the bottom of the post ( I think). That does take you to a song. A very pretty song. You have to click on the triangle of the photos. In the center. It is Karaoke not Karoke. Some of the other things that were listed DDR. I never heard or seen that one. Some type of dance machine activity. Anime and Cosplay were also listed. And walking around, SAN BU. I am curious to see if you agree with the list. also they talked about bubble tea. What is bubble tea? Most of the other things had to do with food. I wonder where these guys got some those things. Hope you had a good Holiday. Danb

About that song at the bottom of the post. That is posted on You Tube. I was assuming that you were about to access You Tube. Now after rereading your post I guess you can't so I am not sure what song you heard. The other items listed were eating,hot pot, buffet, ramen, Hello Kitty,and taking photos.

Edited by danb (see edit history)

Posted Today, 11:18 PM http://www.youtube.c...feature=related I clicked here. It is the song, not about food Asians love. What is Karoke? I don't mind noodles but I don't think much of hot pot. I like to eat quietly and peacefully, then the hot bubbles from the soup right before me make me nervous. The hot steam may cover my glasses so I won't be able to find my mouth lol. What are the other food that Asians love? I can't check it out from here.

"Karoke" is a miss-spelling (Tom's) of Karaoke, or K-TV.

The video is from a couple of ABC's (maybe TBC) (American-born Chinese, or Taiwan-born Chinese, not sure which) who are comfortable enough with English that they don't speak clearly and can be hard to follow at times. It's a response to an American morning talk show segment.

It's ASIAN, more so than Mainland Chinese. It's on YouTube, which you need a VPN to access. I'm trying to upload it to Photobucket, so you can watch, but I'm not having much luck so far. One thing they claim is that hotpot is NOT a seasonal (winter-only) thing, but I've noticed that hotpot seems to all but DISAPPEAR during the hotter months (both in the restaurants and the pre-sliced meats at the grocery stores)

Nìmen Hǎo ! Dan, Randy! Karaoke, hot pot, buffet, ramen, Hello Kitty,taking photos and "Ma Jiang" all sound entertaining to many Chinese people. but they depend with me.

Karaoke is ok with me but not too often. I'm quiet by personality.

Hot Pot makes many people crazy. They even love eating the soup with strong spicy hot pepper in hot hot summer weather.

Buffet, too, allures the majority. I'm not picky with food but I care more about the environment, my eating surroundings. I don't like noisy buffet. I like the rocking bamboo chair with green leaves decorating the table in my local restaurant. Some soothing music and the space to myself whets my appetite.

Ramen noodles are handy for travellers when riding a train because of the big paper bowl, I guess.

"Hello Kitty" is my favorite, as well as "hello dog", "hello rabbit", "hello chicks", "hello CFL" hahahaha----

It's a fashion for many young girls when taking photos with the "subject's hand" raising up behind her own ears. But it was taken silly by westerners who may do the same to other people with an aggessive tease.

Má Jiàng should be the 12th thing that Chinese people like, though not with me.

In one word, I like to do everything if with my beloved ones including to eat the hot bubbles, but not anything if not with my love. I like this topic.

xièxie liǎng wèi péng you!

Kāi xīn !

The song that Thomas has at the bottom his post is called ?

the olive tree 橄榄树- English Version 叶倩文. I think it is such a pretty song.

I was trying to find the original script by of NYC Elvis Duran of 11 things that All Asian loved. I wanted to see if the Chen's were do their video as a spoof, satire or a tongue in cheek manner of Duran script I didn't find the original script but I did run across a couple of things when I was googling. I found this advertisement for a book that many people here may be able to relate to:

http://www.amazon.com/The-White-Husbands-Club-ebook/dp/B006UH5OAS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326231350&sr=8-1

The other video I found interesting was a China Voice video posted on Duran's site:

http://www.elvisduran.com/articles/what-we-talked-about-136656/the-chinese-susan-boyle-sings-adele-10352234/

I thought the lady's voice was pretty good.

Just so I don't get in trouble for perhaps hijacking this thread please listen's to the appeal that the two guys make to Elvis Duran at the end of their video. Was the appeal done in earnest, Tongue in cheek or?? Just wondering.Danb

• Like 1

. . .

Just so I don't get in trouble for perhaps hijacking this thread please listen's to the appeal that the two guys make to Elvis Duran at the end of their video. Was the appeal done in earnest, Tongue in cheek or?? Just wondering.Danb

Listen the the FIRST part of the video. The whole video was done in response to a segment on his morning show.

. . .

I was trying to find the original script by of NYC Elvis Duran of 11 things that All Asian loved. I wanted to see if the Chen's were do their video as a spoof, satire or a tongue in cheek manner of Duran script . . .

. . .

"Was the appeal (sorry I meant to say )response done in earnest, Tongue in cheek or??" Not knowing what kind of DJ Elvis is in the morning and after listening to the Chen's, I started to hear/ to pay attention more to that "All Asian" ( Elvis') part of the question. Wondering if Elvis was poking fun at all Asians. I am not into ethnic stereotyping. Thus I was trying to look for Elvis's original programming. The Chen's were having fun with their video. I enjoyed watching it. Thank you Thomas for posting it

. Catherine, Can you tell me about bubble tea? Is that in your top 11 things that you love? Danb

Bubble Tea is a cold drink, originally from Taiwan, of tea infused with fruit flavouring, shaken to produce bubbles, thus the brand. It's served over tapioca pearls in a clear cup. So it's called "pearl milk tea珍珠奶茶". It is usually drunk through a very wide straw.

In 2007 I was visiting my brother's family in Fujian Province. There I helped them selling the bubble tea for five minutes. That was my only experience as a business woman. So bubble tea gives me some special experience. thanks Danb, for bringing me back this nice memory.

I go to youtube through vpn. Randy used to tell me to use express vpn. They are very slow here maybe because I use campus Internet. but I can manage to open some links you guys offer on youtube. This "11 things" is too special for me to open lol

BTW, in addition to the 11 things, I like to add the 13th item that Asians love. Guess what? Asian women love dating American men;Asian men love dating Amerian women. That's why there is a book called "The Whitemen's club" lol. Our CFL is the club. Maybe someday I should write a book entitled "Great Wall's Golden Club" lol

I guess some centuries later, the Americans will be no more. Instead, people of all over the world become mixed, which should be called "world peace". Seriously the pure Americans (Indians) have already been mixed.

In the next page Dan offered about the girl's singing, I smiled at the word, "nerd". why was she called "nerd"? funny!

. . .

I go to youtube through vpn. Randy used to tell me to use express vpn. They are very slow here maybe because I use campus Internet. but I can manage to open some links you guys offer on youtube. This "11 things" is too special for me to open lol

. . .

I switch to different servers often. Today I'm using the Hong Kong 2 server - it's working very well. Yesterday it was Los Angeles 3. I always use the TCP connections (select that from the Options screen). Hope that helps. It's been MUCH more inconsistent this year than it has in the past.

The Photobucket links I gave earlier should work without a VPN.

• Like 1

Hi Randy Laoshi, would you please tell me how to go on the Hong Kong 2 server and Los Angeles 3? xiexie Laoshi!

The ExpresssVPN screen gives you a list of servers to choose from. There should also be an 'Options' button.

Clcik on 'Option' and select the TCP connection. Then back to the main screen and try different servers until you find one that works for you. Ones on the West Coast (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle), Las Vegas, Chicago, Hong Kong, or Singapore seem to give the best chance - I've used Dallas, Atlanta, Washington D.C., France, Japan, etc., etc. at different times.

While connecting, watch the 'Connecting' bar to see how quickly it connects. After it connects, try calling up different web sites until it seems reliable. If not, disconnect and try a different server.

CFL's IPB web site software use some Google API functions. With the increased blockage of Google this year, that makes a VPN almost necessary even just to come here.