IV approved, AP?

Hi, guys, I had my interview yesterday and the VO told me congrats, your visa has been approved and give me the approval letter. But when I got on CEAC and checked the visa status, it says Administrative Processing. I am not a CCP member and the VO did not ask me for any additional documents at the interview, just told me to pick up my passport at the CITIC location I have picked. Is this something I should be concerned?

Hi, guys, I had my interview yesterday and the VO told me congrats, your visa has been approved and give me the approval letter. But when I got on CEAC and checked the visa status, it says Administrative Processing. I am not a CCP member and the VO did not ask me for any additional documents at the interview, just told me to pick up my passport at the CITIC location I have picked. Is this something I should be concerned?

Probably not, but there's always a possibility that something came up that they will need to look into. In the past, there have been cases where third party correspondence could derail a visa for a few weeks to a month or more, but we haven't heard of this in a long time.

it's most likely just the next step - they rarely (hopefully NEVER) take a passport until they're good and ready to place a visa in it.

Thanks a lot, Randy. But what do you mean by third party correspondence?

Literally, correspondence from a third party, other than the petitioner and/or applicant. These responses are all from a Consulate representative, but from some years back.

Dear CFL,

As was mentioned in a previous post (http://candleforlove...showtopic=16099), "administrative processing" can mean a variety of different things. Because of this, when such processing has completed, it can also mean a number of things, including but not limited to:

1. A visa will be issued;

2. More documents may be requested from the petitioner or applicant;

3. We will need to run a new routine security namecheck (if expired); or

4. The case may be recommended for revocation and sent back to USCIS.

In terms of "priority", we keep track of cases that have been in administrative processing for longer periods of time, and generally try to move those along first.

Sincerely,

USCONGUZ

"Administrative processing" is more or less a catch all phrase we can use for many things.

Sincerely,

IV Unit, US Consulate, Guangzhou, China

As you mentioned, in rare cases the Consulate must delay visa issuance even after an initial approval slip has been given out at an interview. We are definitely aware that this causes hardship for the applicant, and really do try our best to make sure this type of situation occurs as infrequently as possible.

Just-expired security namechecks are one possible reason for this rare situation. Another possible reason is discovering important information related to the case that we would have a duty to follow up on, i.e. fraud-related or security-related issues.

Again, we know how petitioners and applicants can feel if this type of situation occurs. We do our best to make sure this type of thing happens as little as possible.

"Important information" can come from a jealous ex, intent on derailing the visa.

I didn't mean to side-track your question here - the AP in your case is most likely simply the next step in affixing the visa in the passport.

Consider this there is always additional processing after interview. They have to print visa and apply it to passport, package the immigration packet, and arrange it to be sent to the location picked, once they send the package they switch to issued.

Hang in there, this will work itself out in your favor. I'm not going to speculate on the AP, I'd be wrong anyhow. Sometimes this happens and you get a delay. The bottom line is.....you will get the visa in your passport.

Good luck with the wait, keep your spirits up.

tsap seui