Need help with the DS-260 Work/Education/Training Section

Hi,

I submitted my DS-260 almost 2 months ago and was later informed by the consulate that I was missing past work and education information. When reviewing the form, the only field which could be relevant for this information is titled "PRESENT Work/Education/Training Information" and therefore, the first time around, I only inserted my current employer and occupation. Could this be the designated area for that particular requested information?

I have emailed the Consulate several times, to no avail. I would appreciate if anyone could share their experience.

Thanks

Present is what you are doing now, past is what you did before what you are doing now. You said consulate wants past work and education information, they mean the pages regarding Previous Work and Education Info.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/PreviousWork_zpsb6089566.jpg

That's so weird, my form only has the 'present' and 'additional' tabs, I had a feeling my form was missing something! My only problem now, is that I have no way of contacting GUZ consulate to ask them to add that tab into my form, since they are completely ignoring my emails. At least you've helped me finally figure out the problem. Thanks so much!

I didn't have to fill out anything concerning occupation as she never has been, so can't speak specifically to that issue. Just know that each time I had to enter info (as an example where she's lived if anywhere before her present address) I'd hit '+add additional' and it would add more fields and then asked for chronological order of this information. Would think it would be the same for occupation. Look under present occupation, if it has the + add, hit it and see what happens. You can always just go back. I've gone back and forth and back and forth a lot!

Alright, thanks so much. For now, I've contacted the NVC and asked them to contact the Consulate for me since I don't have much time for error left. If that doesn't get me anywhere, I'll just resubmit the form using the '+add additional' under the "present occupation" section.

• 1 month later...

Alright, thanks so much. For now, I've contacted the NVC and asked them to contact the Consulate for me since I don't have much time for error left. If that doesn't get me anywhere, I'll just resubmit the form using the '+add additional' under the "present occupation" section.

hi! I have the similar problem as yours. I filled out my DS-260 today and also has no Education tab, just the present emplyment and additional which is about the military.. I thought its really like that so I submitted the form but then upon reading the forums I noticed that I lacked tabs.. May I ask what you did with yours? I would really appreciate it... Thanks in advance..

Hi Trina,

To be honest, my problem still hasn't really resolved. All I can tell you is that they have admitted that this is a problem on their end. I have been trying to contact the GZ consulate and any other offices whom might be of help, for 3 months now. I promise to update on any progress.

• Like 1

Hi,

Just wanted to update that I have FINALLY received the approval to schedule my interview!!! It only took 3.5 months of anguish and a grueling wait.

I'd like to share my story ,for all those whom may stumble upon this irritating glitch in the future (and I've been told I'm not the only one)...

2 weeks after having submitted my DS-260 I received a phone call from GZ consulate telling me my form was incomplete. They claimed I was missing information in the Work/Education/Training Section. After a few weeks I finally realized (thanks to this amazing forum) that I was missing the specific tab intended for this info on my form. Once having realized this was not a mistake on my part, and the only ones capable of fixing this problem are the Consulate, I started reaching out to them in every way possible. They dismissed my emails and there's no way to reach them my phone. I also spent hours on the phone with the NVC and anyone else who might be of help, with no luck. After 3 whole months of wait, I became so very desperate, that my husband and I scheduled an appointment for the American Citizen Services section here at the Beijing Embassy and begged them to help us. I explained that I had hit a dead end and without their help I would not be able to proceed. Even though they do not handle anything having to do with immigration, they were nice enough to contact the Consulate for me.

Sure enough, within a few days the Consulate finally contacted me. To my dismay, I was instructed to submit the same exact "faulty" form again, meaning they had stalled me throughout those 3 months for absolutely nothing. How very unprofessional! Hopefully things will start looking up from now on and move along smoothly... Either way, it's a great relief. :)

• Like 2

Hi All,

Turns out that I have just made the exact same realization regarding the DS 260. That field simply does not exist on the form I am trying to complete. I have tried finding the form elsewhere online. Dnoblett, do you mind sharing the link of where you found the form you have screen shotted above? Thanks so much!

Edited by JCJ (see edit history)