US-China Delta Airline baggage allowance example

Below is ..... NOT- I give up. I'm not high tech enough to successfully either link, copy or paste the table....

a table detailing the baggage allowances for my wife's current trip. Please note that she is none of these:

"At the time of check in with Delta, SkyMiles Medallion members, SkyTeam Elite & Elite Plus, Alaska MVP & MVP Gold and active US Military personnel are eligible for fee waivers and other benefits."

Her baggage allowance:

She is flying on a mileage ticket, in coach, which makes her status lower than dirt. Please know there is an ironic discrepancy- from Tampa to New York she has to pay for a 2nd bag. From JFK to China via Narita, Japan she gets two free bags on each leg.

The return- more irony. She is authorized one free International bag from Beijing to Detroit and two free bags from Detroit to Tampa.

Go figure.

Further, my wife has found that it is required, within China, to have this baggage table printed out and in-hand with your ticket information. Then, when you get to the check in counter in your small Chinese town, you will invariably be forced to speak to a supervisor for two reasons.

1. Your International flight is within 24 hours (must force them to acknowledge time and date change on the inbound domestic portion). This gets you 2 free bags domestically.

2. You need to show, in writing, what your bagge allowance is. You must prove that you are allowed 2 free bags Internationally.

Why- Because she always wins the argument and gets her two free bags domestically.

missing table was to be here.....
1On Delta operated flights, you may carry on one bag and a small personal item at no charge. Carry-on allowances may differ and fees may apply for flights operated by carriers other than Delta. Contact the operating carrier for detailed carry-on limitations and charges.

BusinessElite/First/Business Class weight allowance reverts to 50 lbs for all checked bags beyond regular free allowance.

At the time of check in with Delta, SkyMiles Medallion members, SkyTeam Elite & Elite Plus, Alaska MVP & MVP Gold and active US Military personnel are eligible for fee waivers and other benefits. For more details, visit delta.com/baggage.
Basic Cardmembers with a Gold, Platinum, or Reserve Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express are eligible for the first bag fee waiver. More details on the program can be found at delta.com/firstbagfree.

A standard checked bag with Delta may be up to 50 lbs and 62 linear inches (per piece). Additional fees apply for oversize, overweight, and/or additional pieces of checked baggage. Please review Delta's baggage guidelines for details. Weight and size restrictions may vary when checking baggage on carriers other than Delta. Contact with the operating carrier for detailed checked baggage allowances.

Please note that this a customized baggage allowance taken directly from her ticket purchase confirmation e-mail. It is not from any Delta sponsored web page.

Guest ExChinaExpat

Delta has dug in their heels regarding baggage during the past few months. It used to be that you could check two bags for free on an international coach ticket. But, not anymore. Unless you pay to upgrade to international business class you will have to pay 100 USD for the second bag of 50lbs or less. If overweight, you will have to pay those fees also. If your flight transfers to or from a Delta flight to a China domestic flight then you will be billed again for the second bag. There is no relationship between Delta and China air carriers.

I don't know, I just don't let the baggage fees and hassles at airports bug me much at all.I flew a lot in the 1990's up until August 2011, teaching classes in America and New Zealand and Australia, then visiting my girlfriend in China. Many months I had more take-offs and landings than there were days in the month.

I can't ever remember reading an Airline publicly stating that they had been profitable. In 2011 when we flew back to America we just missed by a matter of a day or two having to pay the second bag fee. It was so funny watching people bitch out the check-in folks.

So, we have to pay a fee for a second bag, or an overweight bag fee. So be it, it is what is freakin' is.Things change. We used to fly round trip to Beijing for just under $800. Stuff changes, prices go up. You want to take your wardrobe on a plane, you pay for it, real simple. We used to pay $100 to change international flights and $50 to change domestic flights, the price changed....has a loaf of bread gone down in price lately?

I got so tired of flying. I quit looking for the lowest fare to go to China. The lowest fares most often come with one, two, or even three layovers. I don't care anymore, I just want a direct flight to Beijing, etc....14 1/2 hours of travel time is more than ample....I puke at those 18 or 20 some hour travel times. LOL Enough is enough. Now, it's one check in bag and buy what you need at the other end.

I used to buy my airfares online, heck, I stopped that when I started going to CHina. Just walk into Triple A, tell them what direst flight's I want (from my online research) and fork over their $25 fee. They also have an agency that gets me my visa stamp....no more fuss and muss. Baggage fees, just like rising prices, are here to stay. Be happy, enjoy your time on the planet.

tsap seui

• Like 2

I don't know, I just don't let the baggage fees and hassles at airports bug me much at all.I flew a lot in the 1990's up until August 2011, teaching classes in America and New Zealand and Australia, then visiting my girlfriend in China. Many months I had more take-offs and landings than there were days in the month.

I can't ever remember reading an Airline publicly stating that they had been profitable. In 2011 when we flew back to America we just missed by a matter of a day or two having to pay the second bag fee. It was so funny watching people bitch out the check-in folks.

So, we have to pay a fee for a second bag, or an overweight bag fee. So be it, it is what is freakin' is.Things change. We used to fly round trip to Beijing for just under $800. Stuff changes, prices go up. You want to take your wardrobe on a plane, you pay for it, real simple. We used to pay $100 to change international flights and $50 to change domestic flights, the price changed....has a loaf of bread gone down in price lately?

I got so tired of flying. I quit looking for the lowest fare to go to China. The lowest fares most often come with one, two, or even three layovers. I don't care anymore, I just want a direct flight to Beijing, etc....14 1/2 hours of travel time is more than ample....I puke at those 18 or 20 some hour travel times. LOL Enough is enough. Now, it's one check in bag and buy what you need at the other end.

I used to buy my airfares online, heck, I stopped that when I started going to CHina. Just walk into Triple A, tell them what direst flight's I want (from my online research) and fork over their $25 fee. They also have an agency that gets me my visa stamp....no more fuss and muss. Baggage fees, just like rising prices, are here to stay. Be happy, enjoy your time on the planet.

tsap seui

Very well said my friend and to the point.

Yes, I remember the days of 700-800$ dollar round trips.

Those where the days and yes, Times have changed indeed for the worst.

Now we pay almost twice what we did before.

Times have changed and will always change each and every day/year.

It's part of life and life go's on...It's just the way it is.

Change..... What a concept.

Mike

I thought breastical implants came in pairs.
TSA disclosed the following Airport Screening Results

December 2013 Statistics On Airport Full Body Screening From CATSA :

Terrorists Discovered 0

Transvestites 133

Hernias 1,485

Hemorrhoid Cases 3,172

Enlarged Prostates 8,249

Breast Implants 59,351

Natural Blondes 3

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Yuehan said:

"Her baggage allowance:

She is flying on a mileage ticket, in coach, which makes her status lower than dirt. Please know there is an ironic discrepancy- from Tampa to New York she has to pay for a 2nd bag. From JFK to China via Narita, Japan she gets two free bags on each leg.

The return- more irony. She is authorized one free International bag from Beijing to Detroit and two free bags from Detroit to Tampa.

Go figure."

On my last trip I was trying to figure out Delta baggage allowance rules. Especially for my return flight. Before I left the states I thought i saw some type of two bags allowance but couldn't remember where I had seen it. After posting some questions here about the rules I went back to a copy of my original itinerary. I had a similar situation. China Southern ( a Delta sky partner ) allowed only one free bag from Nanning to Beijing. From Beijing to Detroit I was allowed 2 free bags. Sure felt like I was dealing with some shady car dealerships. China Southern was going to charge me 100 USD for an extra bag for that Nanning to Beijing flight. I decided to ship my extra stuff back on that proverbial Slow boat. Danb

Guest ExChinaExpat

Tsap,

I would guess that one of the 3 natural blondes only wanted 1 implant to save money.

Implants do in fact come in singles.

http://i62.tinypic.com/vpbtzl.jpg