CCP issue... Visa approved, but???

Thanks to all who read this and respond. I am in a tizzy about this. On December 30 my fiancé had her interview in Guangzhou and she was approved for a visa but additional information was required from us. During her working career she worked for the government in an agricultural management position. During her life she never joined the CCP but at the interview when the VO asked her if she was or had ever been a member, he did not believe her when she answered “NO”. He concluded the interview giving her three sheets of paper with instructions to submit a Resume and a document stating her experience in the CCP.

Well, we submitted that same day the resume and two letters explaining that she was not nor had ever been a member of the CCP along with very detailed reasons why she had never joined. We are now completely up in the air as to what to do next. On other CCP threads on CFL I have read about a 3 to 6 month wait for an application to be submitted to, reviewed by, and sent back to Guangzhou by someone in Washington DC. If that is the case, we are resigned to waiting the additional time. That is not the problem here.

The problem is that on the three page form she received at the interview it stated:

“Your immigrant (or K) visa application has been approved; please follow the above

instructions and submit your passport(s) with at least 8 months validity, new visa

photos taken within the last 6 months. When your passport has been received and

your visa has been printed, your passport along with your visa packet will be

delivered to your selected document pick-up location.”

This has us a little puzzled. Does it mean the visa is approved and there will be “no” additional processing time? Unlikely I think, but one can dream.

Or… are we to continue to wait until we receive a mailed letter (or will it be an email?) from the Consulate on when we are to return, and we are to deliver the passport directly to the Consulate at that time.

Or… are we supposed to submit her passport and photos now?… and then wait for the passport to be returned with the Visa?? Will the 3 to 6 month wait still apply? Or were they just after her Resume and statement, with no wait for submission to Washington DC for review and approval? If this is the case, I can not figure out how we are supposed to submit the passport since they did not take it at the interview. Do we mail it (and help me here… what address and in care of who???) or do we send it through the CITIC branch where we are supposed to ultimately pick it up?

Thanks again for your assistance.

P.S. Has anyone ever deliberately lit a match to $3,000.00? I did, when I hired a local Idaho immigration attorney. They are only good for illegals.

I would contact them via their email form at http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html . TELL them you need an appointment to turn in the passport, and ask what you need to do.

I'd be VERY reluctant to turn over the passport without knowing for sure that they will be putting a visa in it.

On the one hand, you said that the three pages "instructions to submit a Resume and a document stating her experience in the CCP." On the other hand, it says to "submit your passport(s)" - so it's unclear if he was perhaps just handing you forms with generic instructions, or what.

If she truly is under Administrative Processing, they should tell you that.