hi, any body can give me some information

well, i know it is difficult for me to have a fantastic job in usa without further studies. but i don't want to go back to school until my gg graduate his school. however, i don't want to waste my time either. i'd like to take the certified legal assistant test however, it need me 90 quater hours of legal study. there is no community school near my town can provide me legal study in evening time( i plan work day time) therefore, i want to lean on line. in china, on line program is not accepted by most of organizations.

my question is:

1: whether study on line can be accepted by amcrican organization?

2 : anybody can provide me some good on line school that is well known?

hope you can help me. really worry about that.

thanks

The University of Phoenix was one of the first online schools and tends to be rather well known. Most major universities provide online classes.

One thing that might help (total speculation here) is if you plan on taking classes in the states, try to take some online classes at the same school -- or at least in the same geographical area -- that you intend on attending here in the US.

1: whether study on line can be accepted by amcrican organization?

2 : anybody can provide me some good on line school that is well known?

All online courses are expensive --Univerisity of Phoenix is charging$420/credit hour for undergraduate courses. Graduate courses are more. I have not met anyone paying for them out of their own pocket. Most people signed up due to company tuition reimbursement program. It is not cost effective if you have to pay yourself. Besides we had a huge debate over their program in our company -- check with your employer before you sign up. That is an online university established for getting business pay for their employees.

If money is an issue (according to your post), you should not consider online courses.

Yes, you are right, you are better off to have an American degree to find an American job. I would try community college first or state univerisity. They are more recognized by the businesses than online (only) universities.

Another way is to find a job at a decent company where they have tuition reimbursement as employee benefit. Don't worry about what kind of job you can get, as long as you are full time employee, you will be eligible for your free education from them. You can start as an hourly employee, and once you complete your program, you can bid for better jobs within the same company. I personally know a collegue starting as a production worker and 15 years later, an accounting manager.

All the companies I have worked for have this program -- too bad, they are no good to me, but my collegues are signing up for all kinds of classes.

All online courses are expensive --Univerisity of Phoenix is charging$420/credit hour for undergraduate courses. Graduate courses are more. I have not met anyone paying for them out of their own pocket. Most people signed up due to company tuition reimbursement program. It is not cost effective if you have to pay yourself. Besides we had a huge debate over their program in our company -- check with your employer before you sign up. That is an online university established for getting business pay for their employees.

If money is an issue (according to your post), you should not consider online courses.

Yes, you are right, you are better off to have an American degree to find an American job. I would try community college first or state univerisity. They are more recognized by the businesses than online (only) universities.

Another way is to find a job at a decent company where they have tuition reimbursement as employee benefit. Don't worry about what kind of job you can get, as long as you are full time employee, you will be eligible for your free education from them. You can start as an hourly employee, and once you complete your program, you can bid for better jobs within the same company. I personally know a collegue starting as a production worker and 15 years later, an accounting manager.

All the companies I have worked for have this program -- too bad, they are no good to me, but my collegues are signing up for all kinds of classes.

oh, thank you very very much for your reminder.

at first i plan to go to community college and state college but i can not find one taht is suitable for me. well, this is my case:

i have graduated in university with bachelor degree ( business administration) and right now, i don't know what i can do with it. if my majoy is something related with technical major, it should no problem for me to have a good job in usa. but unfortunately my major is so general taht need a lot of experience. ( i don't ahve experience either)

i hope i can help my gg to support house and make him concentrate on school. i was searching for the tennessee salary. com and found out teneessee is not a good place for work and the salary was low in most respects except for: law , financial , health care , education department.

there is no law school near my gg's place, the one i am interested in is 4 hours drive.

financial department: they seldom hire a fresh man without experience and not mention i am a foreinger.

health care and education deparment, do u think they will hire me.

as far as for the retail industry in tennessee, the salary is too low. ( excluded tax, you possibly can make 6000$ a year) until you are in higher position in retail store.

it is true that some compant will pay you to go to school, but i really guess that the requirement should be extremely high. plus in my gg's town, there are not too many big company that can do that.

right now, i still can not think of a way to get around it, all i can hope is that my gg can graduate as soon as possible. but before i came in usa, i need more information to make a detail planning and preparation.

thank you for your help.

One thing to keep in mind is that I believe that the social environment from college is a tremendous benefit.

If you take online courses, you will sit at home, meet very few people (except over the internet), and nto practice English.

If you enroll in classes either at the University or a Community College, you will meet many new friends, and speak English all day long. You might even learn more about the US Culture (or other cultures).

My vote would be to figure out a way to enroll in regular classes.

----- Clifford -----

One thing to keep in mind is that I believe that the social environment from college is a tremendous benefit.

If you take online courses, you will sit at home, meet very few people (except over the internet), and nto practice English.

If you enroll in classes either at the University or a Community College, you will meet many new friends, and speak English all day long.  You might even learn more about the US Culture (or other cultures).

My vote would be to figure out a way to enroll in regular classes.

----- Clifford -----

I agree with you, Clifford. Online courses are designed for people who have a busy fulltime job while wanting to elevating their education for better opportunities in their career path, most of which are paid by companies.

For immigrants, American campuses really can serve as boot camps for your English language skills before you enter the workforce in America. College folks tend to be more understanding and forgiving; making mistakes is not as a serious matter as in the real world, since everyone is learning here. However, in the businesses, you are treated equal (we demand equality, don't we?) not as a student, therefore, the expectation is higher. You don't want to be discriminated against, your communication skill is one of keys to be successful in whatever job you have here.

Whether you need a degree or not, I would recommend highly to sign up some courses on college campus to interact with other students and professors. Most free ESL classes here are set up for immigrants who abosultely speak/understand NO English -- they don't fit the majority Chinese immigrants here. Community colleges are just as good, and cost effective because most of them are state-funded.