We did it !! IR1 Visa in hand...

We did it !!

For those of you who've been there all this time.Thank you.

It took three interviews and one month shy of five years but, we were finally successful.

I must admit the third interview was hardly an interview.

It went something like this:

"Wow, you two have a long history together. Looks like mistakes were made. Let's get your Visa so you can go be with your husband."

And just like that, the fight was OVER...

Yan will join me in the US just after the Chinese New Year.

Happy Holidays Everyone !

Terry

• Like 4

That is just fantastic news, Terry. One month shy of five years is far, far too long to go through the kind of unique hell the state department creates. I am so glad things finally took a turn for the good and that Yan is going to be here for the New Year. Congrats and very best wishes for a wonderful future together. Lord knows you two deserve it! :happydance: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob:

• Like 1

WHOOOO HOOOOOO!! Great news Terry.

And now that you've broken our 4 years and 10 months of hassle with the idiots from the US State Department in Guano, China let me tell you, I am wrapping up your longevity trophy and sending it your way in tomorrow's mail. You can proudly display this trophy on your mantel.

The trophy is a one foot tall bronze statue of a person standing on their two feet with their head bent through their legs, inserted directly up their bum. The inscription reads..."Your US State Department busy at work".

I am very happy for you and your wife. The second greatest thing about the long wait finally coming to a happy conclusion is the IR-1 visa. Your success makes my day and gives me much pleasure. I can attest, things will work very well for you guys, you have already been put under more "bona fide relationship" stress than most couples experience in a lifetime.

At my wife and son's last interview the interview officer smiled at my wife and son and said "congratulations, you are getting your visas"...my wife kept trying to hand her evidence and asking her if she needed A or B or whatever. The lady kept smiling and trying to tell her "I don't need anything, you will be getting your visas". Finally our son tapped his mom on the shoulder and told her "Ma, we are getting the visas, she doesn't need anything". I had already hung around coffee shops and the consulate area more than I could stand so when Wenyan called me with the great news, I literally broke down into tears in Mr. Yang's hotel room. Someone had FINALLY done what they should have done 4 years and 10 months earlier...and...I wasn't going to have to move to China.

Again, I am thrilled for you guys, I truly know how you guys feel. Those last days in hot muggy nasty Guangzhou were some of the happiest of my life. Even the guards were smiling and congratulating us.

tsap seui

Guest ExChinaExpat

We did it !!

For those of you who've been there all this time.Thank you.

It took three interviews and one month shy of five years but, we were finally successful.

I must admit the third interview was hardly an interview.

It went something like this:

"Wow, you two have a long history together. Looks like mistakes were made. Let's get your Visa so you can go be with your husband."

And just like that, the fight was OVER...

Yan will join me in the US just after the Chinese New Year.

Happy Holidays Everyone !

Terry

Congrats Terry. I hope everything continues to be as exciting and special as you both dream.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I feel light I've been in a five-year-heavy-weight match and my invisible opponent just politely walked away. I'm not really sure of what to do with myself. It's over. I know what you mean Tsap. I leaned over on my kitchen counter-top and felt the weight of the world lift off. I guess it's time to "spring clean." Lesson here, "Never give up on Love."