Interview on May 23,approved

Would you mind sharing how long it took to get through the process that day?

We've booked a 6 PM flight back to Beijing on the day of the interview…hoping we'll be able to make it without rushing. I think my wife has to go in at 7:30 AM – do they do document check and then immediately send you in to the interview, or were interviews held later in the day?

We arrived early and my wife went in with several hundred others at 0615 for the interview. She was there all morning as I waited at the coffee shop and finally appeared with pink sheet in hand at 1220. It was worth the wait for me.

I had my document intake about 8:30AM then they called my number for fingerprints intake about 15 minutes later. Then I waited again until they call my number for interview. I had my interview about 10:45AM. The VO asked some questions such as how did you meet your husband? have you been to US before? etc. At the end, the VO said congratulations! my visa is approved then gave me approval letter and instructions on how to pay the $165 online before entering the states. I left the U.S. Consulate Guangzhou afterward.

Hope your wife interview will go well!

Thanks to both of you for your replies. Hopefully we're able to get it all done in the morning – in another thread someone mentioned having to come back in the afternoon…hope that doesn't wind up happening to us! I'll get settled in at Starbucks and plan on a long-ish wait.

• 1 year later...