Interview on May 23,approved

My husband started the process in gz in last Dec., i did my physical examination on may6,interview on may23,visa approved. Currently waiting for the package. Does any one know how long to wait for the passport and last packet?

BTW, i got some important help from this website, i am so greatful! I just hope to get the passport asap!

• Like 1

Monday is U.S. Memorial Day, so the Consulate will be closed. They hopefully would have put it in the mail on Friday, so you may get it today or tomorrow. Are you using the new procedure where you would pick it up at a CITIC Bank, or will you pick it up at China Post?

Monday is U.S. Memorial Day, so the Consulate will be closed. They hopefully would have put it in the mail on Friday, so you may get it today or tomorrow. Are you using the new procedure where you would pick it up at a CITIC Bank, or will you pick it up at China Post?

The new process. I dont know what “your passport is still with post” mean.

It's in the mail (although it may still be in their mailing room). That's GOOD! Hopefully, you can get it by the time you read this.

Well, thanks for your reply. I just checked it a min ago, but still the same. I think maybe at least wait till tomorrow. I read some people waited about20 days before they finally got the packet.

It's in the mail (although it may still be in their mailing room). That's GOOD! Hopefully, you can get it by the time you read this.

My visa got approved on May 22, 2013. I'm also still waiting for my passport with visa in it. The passport tracking is still showing "Your passport is still with post" and CEAC visa status is "Issued." Does anyone know how long usually the processing time from approval to visa in hand? Thanks!!

Well, if it didn't go out last Friday, it may not have gone out until Tuesday (Monday was a holiday for the Americans and consulate workers). Even so, I'd say it's overdue. Keep your fingers crossed.

Will you see a different status when it's at the CITIC bank for pick-up? Or are you checking there also?

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I checked through ustraveldocs.com for my passport status. When it's ready for pick-up at CITIC Bank, the status should change to "ready for pick up."

Okay - that would seem to be everything you can do.Be sure to check tomorrow (Saturday)