Waiting 4 months on blue slip

This is my first post, been following this forum for months now, but I think perhaps our visa case is very unusual.

My fiancé and I are both foreigners living in china as study abroad students. We were together 3 years before getting engaged, and are living in china currently. My fiancé is from Pakistan, and We had a baby last year which was born back home in USA. We were still waiting on the K1 when my son was born and my fiancé couldn't be there for his birth.

Long story short, my fiancé is from Pakistan and since we stay in china we interviewed here. The interview went fine but he got a blue slip for Chinese police certificate (he already had one from Pakistan which we were informed was the only one he needed) and also work resume. We submitted both documents and they received them on Dec 8.

Emailed 3-4 times and always the same "administrative processing" reply. I am unsure how long does it take because the police certificates expire at 6 months and I had to change my tickets back home from winter to summer. How long does this take, is it possible it will take until July to get an answer?

Your case has some different circumstances but it still boils down to an interview in Guangzhou headed up by Americans from the State Department. With that said, it is tough to make a call on "how long" for administrative processing.

It looks like the blue slip was for two very mundane bits of evidence. Four months is a long time when you are waiting but it is pretty much an average wait time for the American State Department. My guess is you should be getting notification soon, now. No hurt in sending in another, or more inquiry e-mails.

Good luck on a speedy answer. With Guangzhou your clock really starts ticking around 4 months.

tsap seui

No easy way to estimate Administrative Process.

By the way, the OF-169 and other instructions always states police certificated from every place lived for more than 1 Year and current resident 6 months since age 16 as well as one from home country. So if your fiancee lived in China 6 months or more then the Chinese police cert was expected.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/K_Visa_Instructions.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post, been following this forum for months now, but I think perhaps our visa case is very unusual.

My fiancé and I are both foreigners living in china as study abroad students. We were together 3 years before getting engaged, and are living in china currently. My fiancé is from Pakistan, and We had a baby last year which was born back home in USA. We were still waiting on the K1 when my son was born and my fiancé couldn't be there for his birth.

Long story short, my fiancé is from Pakistan and since we stay in china we interviewed here. The interview went fine but he got a blue slip for Chinese police certificate (he already had one from Pakistan which we were informed was the only one he needed) and also work resume. We submitted both documents and they received them on Dec 8.

Emailed 3-4 times and always the same "administrative processing" reply. I am unsure how long does it take because the police certificates expire at 6 months and I had to change my tickets back home from winter to summer. How long does this take, is it possible it will take until July to get an answer?

Had same issue with a couple years ago with my wife needing a Police certificate from her time living in Europe. Took us about 3 1/2 months to get resolved so hopefully you are very close now. Weekends, holidays and employee vacations might factor into it. Buckle down and hang in there. I don't want to rename you True Blue 2 - better you are referred to as True Green the lawn king!!! Good luck!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

We have been waiting 2 months now but e-mails just get us the standard reply form. They had our documents needed 2 days later but with the new processes in place now, my own personal opinion is it will take a long time for us to hear anything.

I will be curious to see how the new white slip process works if a person gets denied, if they will send the files back to USA electronically or by the same way as in the past.

Good luck with your case.

• 1 month later...