Finally received visa approval notice, but now what does GUZ want?

My fiancee finally received the k-1 visa approval notice, but we are not sure what the Consulate is asking her to send before they will mail the visa to her. The first item is marked with an (X), so it is clear that she needs to send her passport and new visa photos, along with the filled out waybill which they enclosed in her notification. The next two items are not so clear since they are marked with a slash (/) and blanks are not filled in.

/ Your Police Report has expired or will expire on _________ (blank not filled in). If your Police Report has already expired or you cannot submit it to the Consulate before it expires, please renew your Police Report and send it to the Consulate with your passport.

/ Your Medical Report has expired or will expire on _________ (blank not filled in). If your Medical Report has already expired or you cannot submit it to the Consulate at least one month before it expires, please return to the panel physician for a new medical exam and medical report, and submit the medical report with your passport to the Consulate.

------------------------------------------------------------

Her Police Report expires on May 18, 2013.

We do not know when her Medical Report expires, but it was completed on October 27, 2012. Is it good for one year?

So the question is, What besides the passport, photos, and waybill do we need to send to the Consulate? Does she need to get a new medical report?

I would get a new police report, and medical. K-1 visas tend to be set to expire 6 months after issued, since the police report and medical will expire before the visa this causes problems when adjusting status, these things need to be still valid when you eventually adjust status, and this is why the consulate marked these things.

Medical can be done in other places other than Guangzhou, there are medical centers in Fujian, Shanghai, and Beijing, while getting this redone, also make sure you get Vaccination record on the DS-3025 and sealed into a separate envelope for later use when adjusting status, it will save you from having to deal with a US Civil Surgeon later in the states.

Dan is so right about avoiding dealing with a Civil Surgeon if at all possible. Some of these guys (or gals) will charge you an arm and a leg for filling out this form and signing it. I remember cases in the past where some docs wanted unbelievable amounts for this routine procedure. Don't know how it is now.....

Agreed. My own Dr. gave me a runaround and he is a civil surgeon. Avoid Civil Surgeon if you can. I did end up finding one that was very familiar with the process but took me a while and alot of back and forth with my doctor

• 1 month later...

It looks like they finally tired of keeping us in the system. She received notice on April 15 that the visa had been printed. It arrived 2 days later on April 17th. I will be going to China for another visit on May 6, and this time we come home together to the good 'ol USA! :happydance:

• Like 1

It looks like they finally tired of keeping us in the system. She received notice on April 15 that the visa had been printed. It arrived 2 days later on April 17th. I will be going to China for another visit on May 6, and this time we come home together to the good 'ol USA! :happydance:

Had you submitted the new documents ?

Had you submitted the new documents ?

Yes, we were not taking any chances. Thanks for the fireworks. I think I will see if she will make the wedding on Independence Day so we can see fireworks out our bedroom window on every anniversary.

Great news Wolf, glad to see things work out for you guys. Best wishes for the future.

tsa pseui

Congratulations Wolfman! You will still need to deal with a Civil Surgeon in order to get the vaccinations signed off on the I-693. I recommend downloading a list of Civil Surgeons in your area and start calling them in an outward spiral until you find one that understands the law and will sign off on it for a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the congratulations, well wishes, and helpful information. We arrived back in the states together yesterday. The 90-minute secondary CBC processing at the LV International airport was unreasonable in my opinion, but we finally made it. Now for one day of rest and jet lag recuperation before I research the websites and discover what we need to do next. Then we begin filling out stateside forms and more processing and fees.

Congratulations Wolfman! You will still need to deal with a Civil Surgeon in order to get the vaccinations signed off on the I-693. I recommend downloading a list of Civil Surgeons in your area and start calling them in an outward spiral until you find one that understands the law and will sign off on it for a reasonable price.

Note, I-693 is only needed if a K-visa holder did not do vaccinations overseas getting the DS-3025 Vaccination record at the visa medical sealed in a separate envelope, avoiding having to deal with a US Civil Surgeon all together.

SEE:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/41344-us-civil-surgeons-and-the-i-693/

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/41344-us-civil-surgeons-and-the-i-693/page-3?p=577012&do=findComment&comment=577012