Smelly Ass

Guest ExChinaExpat

IMO, cleanliness preaching from some Chinese ladies surpasses that from other cultures in my experience. Even washing down with soap and water after every bathroom visit, no sitting on the bed in street clothes, of course the shoes thing, etc.

A lot of the cleanliness issues makes sense considering how filthy most of China is. It's hard to go anywhere without having to dodge piles of spit, kids crapping on the sidewalk, horrific air, piles of puke, thick grime and garbage on just about every surface outside...the list goes on and on. That's not even to mention the chemical, industrial toxins, that are everywhere. Take a whiff the next time you open your window. Mmm. Coal smoke and car exhaust.

Where I'm from in the U.S. the dirt might make stains but it's not toxic.

My first experience living with my Chinese wife was actually in Netherlands as we both lived and worked there for a few years. I remember after getting to feel much more comfortable sleeping with her that I decided to teach her about the "Dutch Oven". Afterall, we were living in NL. So I first explained the traditional dutch oven to her when we were in bed and then explained, and demonstrated, the other Dutch Oven. That's when I really learned how cool my wife was as she wasn't exactly mad but was annoyed, yet laughing like crazy.