Flight attendants recruitment attracts beautiful young applicants

Flight attendants recruitment attracts beautiful young applicants

http://english.people.com.cn/mediafile/201303/11/F201303111440281787028726.jpg

China East Airlines Jiangsu office began to recruit flight attendants from applicants from Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Shandong, Jiangxi and others places in Nanjing on March 9, 2013. Besides the examination of the applicants' appearances and English level, the office also pays special attention to examination of their service awareness, communication skills and other "soft power" which are essential for building affinity in flight services.

http://english.people.com.cn/90882/8162487.html

Guest ExChinaExpat

Chinese flight attendants and high-speed rail attendants are hired based on their beauty and height. Also, social skills. They must know how to walk and behave in a kind manner. I think the minimum height is 172 cm, (about 5' 8").

A few weeks ago, I was surprised to see that a job as a flight attendant is not viewed as a favorable job by Chinese people. However, a school teacher gets high marks.

CABIN CREW / FLIGHT ATTENDANT JOB OPPORTUNITIES

Air China is currently hiring flight attendants.

Minimum Requirements
  • At least 25 years old
  • Single
  • Height between 164cm - 172cm female & 174cm - 182cm male
  • Vision corrected visual acuity 0.5 fenake abd 0.7 male
  • Higher academic education full time junior college
  • Fluent in English & Mandarin
  • China Citizenship
Edited by JiangsuExpat (see edit history)

...I was surprised to see that a job as a flight attendant is not viewed as a favorable job by Chinese people. However, a school teacher gets high marks.

Wait, are you saying that a flight attendant should get higher marks than a school teacher?

...I was surprised to see that a job as a flight attendant is not viewed as a favorable job by Chinese people. However, a school teacher gets high marks.

Wait, are you saying that a flight attendant should get higher marks than a school teacher?

I don't think they should be as high as a teacher, but they should be close. Or they should be if the Chinese airlines view them as they should per FAA guidelines. Flight attendants are put on flights to insure the safety of passengers in the event of emergencies and are to assist in the speedy evacuation of the aircraft if needed. All the serving food and drinks crap is secondary to their function. I don't care that the woman getting me a pillow is attractive or not, I don't want her to crumble when the crap hits the fan and she is going to be needed to do her job.

Edited by Feathers268 (see edit history)
  • Like 1