Things you see when your wife is Chinese

warpedbored

Oh we don't use the bathtub for bathing. She starts the seeds for her garden there when she isn't soaking leaves.

Here's what the leaves became.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/2njkjth.jpg

I see. Zhongi. It's that time of year soon. ChunMei doesn't make them, but last trip she tried to bring a couple home with her. Got busted by Customs at LAX. Funny thing is, on one of my trips before she came here I brough back four of them in my suitcase. Didn't have a bit of trouble, but then nobody asked me.

We also have the jar of salted citrus fruit, but in our case it's lomes. She's put the jar out on the patio in the sun every day it's sunny, but I've never seen her eat them.

When we go shopping at the local Chinese grocery store I let her shop on her own while I wander around and play the game, "People really eat that?"

• Like 1

Garden update. More Chinese engineering. These little bamboo enclosures are to keep the neighborhood cats away from her babies.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/15s7jt5.jpg

Cool photos Carl. You can see the thought given to the project, and the loving care of the babies.....that you guys will eat soon. :victory:

Wenyan has met some Chinese women in Altoona, and one of them has a garden. She's been telling Wenyan about it and about how she should be doing it too. We were just so busy everyday last year getting the apartments renovated taht the summer totally got lost to us. I look at your photos with envy of a sorts. Wenyan is heading back to China with Fengqi in 3 weeks and will be there for the whole summer, coming back Sept 2nd. Oh well, there is always next year and I can buy homegrown 'maters n sweet corn from all the lil' honor system veggie stands that dot the country roads.

The photo of your beautiful wife in her garden makes me twist on the vine.. so to speak. :licklips:

tsap seui

Things you see and things you learn.

Yesterday I was working on my wife's car (changing the valve body in her tramsmission.) and I sliced my little finger. It was bleeding pretty good and wouldn't stop so started I looking for band-aid. None to be found. I asked BaBa if he knew where we have band-aid.

He runs into the kitchen, chops off a piece ginger, smashes it with a cleaver and hands it to me. I start thinking WTF? Oh well must be some Chinese herbal medicine trick. What the hell, I have an open mind why not give it a try. I place it on my cut for a few mintues. Wow, it stops bleeding.

My wife comes home later that night. I mention this. She says, "You silly American, you don't know this? It is also better at disinfecting the wound than alcohol. Americans sure don't know too much."

• Like 1

Another of my wife's great ideas was what she calls "the green wall". On the south side of our house we mounted some closet rod hangers with poles across them. Two on top two on bottom side by side. She wove nylon cord up, down and across and planted clematis, jasmine, table grapes and Chinese green beans. In the summer time the plants climb all over the structure without clinging to the house itself. The plants benefit from the south sun exposure and we save money on air conditioning since the plants absorb the heat. I think it's brilliant. She thinks everybody should know this.

• 4 weeks later...

Well my wife is pretty down to earth.

No food in the bath tube (Sorry Carl) for she say People clean here.

No food hanging from the rafters, Though there is something in a large jar on the kitchen counter

that has been fermenting for about 4 years.

She cooks with it everyday and I'm still alive so it must be good for me.

But there is two things i have seen that the wife likes to do.

4Wheelers and Guns.

We don't have any four wheelers but my wife loves to shoot. Her favorite is my 9mm, but she also likes to shoot my 45 and my AK-47. But the truth is, she is a bad shot. Hopefully this will change over time.

Also the cold/hot thing drives me crazy. After we first got married, and would have sex I would jump in the shower to clean up. She would say "What are you doing?!" You can't have a shower after sex, the water will make you cold, and sex and cold cannot mix.

Now I look back at my answer and think it wasn't too smart. But I responded with I am 40 years old has sex many times followed by a shower and I am still alive and healthy.

This thread is awesome! I've had many of these expierences. The one that sticks out in my head the most is a few months ago when my wife shoved two pieces of garlic up my nose when I said I had a stuffy nose. She insisted that I do not take them out until I woke up the next morning.

Well my wife is pretty down to earth.

No food in the bath tube (Sorry Carl) for she say People clean here.

No food hanging from the rafters, Though there is something in a large jar on the kitchen counter

that has been fermenting for about 4 years.

She cooks with it everyday and I'm still alive so it must be good for me.

But there is two things i have seen that the wife likes to do.

4Wheelers and Guns.

We don't have any four wheelers but my wife loves to shoot. Her favorite is my 9mm, but she also likes to shoot my 45 and my AK-47. But the truth is, she is a bad shot. Hopefully this will change over time.

My wife is an excellent shot with a Colt 1911A .45. Her favorite. I am sure that she has had a LOT of previous experience but vehemently denies it.

Larry

My wife swears that sleeping with your belly button "exposed to air" will make you sick. I told her about the AC causing cancer and making you sick and she replies with "SEE!? I TOWWWD JU!" :oneeye:

The Japanese say this too and tell children to cover up their belly button (oheiso) or the thunder god will steal it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xchdw7_oheso_shortfilms#.UbATBdIyy6I

Weird?

Perfect wife. It's kind of weird.

Mine still in China, so I think I am the weird one at this point.

My BBQ On The Brazos crew here in Cresson, Texas wanted me to take some pics of meals when we eat out. Well I mostly forgot but got this pic from a home meal she made for a guest, which they thought was great..........

http://i40.tinypic.com/dbjp5z.jpg