DACA - The new "black hole"?

What was political about Dan's post? Looked to me like he was simply explaining the process that was eefin' things up for American citizen's applications. A very nice explanation, if I may say so.

tsap seui

A political part was highlighted in Fu Lai's quote - hopefully, we can resist the temptation to open the door to political discussion.

Oh....okay....so Fu Lai brought up the political stuff...shame shame shame lol

You are sooooooooooo bad my man. :D I just pointed out the words "... political reasons, it is an end-run around the normal process of

legislating this through congress first... However it should only apply if ..."

I would like CFL to be devoid of politics so we can just talk about our loved ones from China and everything that entails. Keep USA political divide and anti-China propaganda out of things. We all know that govts can be their own animal.

Edited by Fu Lai (see edit history)

Well, with 20/20 hindsight, I should have known it would have been better if I had been trying for a Mexican visa for my family. Meet them at the river, get a parade, health bene's, preference on jobs, and front of the line status with the USCIS. :flowers_and_kisses:

No, I publicily admit my stupidity. I did it the much more expensive and wait forever legal way. What the hail wuz I thinkin'?

I feel so stoopid I could cry, if I could remember how to. :rotfl:

Really, we should do away with HS, USCIS, and the State Department. Stop all of their harrassment, fees, and time wasting...let everybody in. The ones that don't blow us up will make us smarter, and look at all of the taxpayers we will gain.. Right? wink wink

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Just as a note, I didn't post this here as a means to start a political debate. I certainly have an opinion on the issue, but the main point here is that for those people just beginning this process... don't expect a 5 month NOA-2 from CSC or a 7 month one from VSC like has been the expectation recently. Expect 10 months, maybe a year. Prepare yourself.

• Like 1

I did, too, but I have a certain amount of sympathy for an 18 year old high school senior, brought here by his or her parents at the age of two, and who is probably fluent in two languages, but has never been to Mexico in their life.

Imagine how you'd feel if someone scooped you up and shipped you to a place you'd never been before. How well would you adjust?

Just as a note, I didn't post this here as a means to start a political debate. I certainly have an opinion on the issue, but the main point here is that for those people just beginning this process... don't expect a 5 month NOA-2 from CSC or a 7 month one from VSC like has been the expectation recently. Expect 10 months, maybe a year. Prepare yourself.

I think Jeikun makes a much-needed point here. As a veteran of the first visa Black Hole, I understand all too well what it is like to see processing times balloon to unimaginable lengths. In our case, something that was supposed to take five to six months tops, took almost 18 months. Others were even longer. No matter what the politics are, I think it is wise to get ready for longer waits. If they are not going to expand staff, yet at the same time have a flood of new applications that are supposed to take precedent (whether by executive order or some new legislation), the only result is longer wait times. One of the worst things about the first Black Hole was how there was no rhyme nor reason as to how things were done in terms of order of processing. The other thing that drove me mad was lack of information as to what was going on. You could not get a straight answer out of anybody about anything. They even told us on one occasion that the "visa printing machine" was broken. :nonono: For that reason, if you are in the pipeline when all this comes down, educate yourself thoroughly about what is going on, that way you can discern rumor from fact. Even in its infancy back in those Black Hole days, CFL was very helpful in this regard, as well as giving great support and friendship. Again, forget the politics and get busy preparing yourself for what may be a reality in the near future. :victory:

Edited by Mick (see edit history)

I did, too, but I have a certain amount of sympathy for an 18 year old high school senior, brought here by his or her parents at the age of two, and who is probably fluent in two languages, but has never been to Mexico in their life.

Imagine how you'd feel if someone scooped you up and shipped you to a place you'd never been before. How well would you adjust?

True, I have seen stories where a person was brought into the USA illegally at a very young age, ended up getting into trouble, and deported to country of birth, worse case not knowing the language.

Here is one I read years ago on this topic about a group of high-school students out in Arizona, they were very talented robot builders in a engineering competition, would probably do very well at college, or in the military, however the actions of their parents is held against them.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.04/images/FF_122_robot1_f.jpg

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.04/robot.html

I have sympathy for them also. I was fully in support of the full Dream Act. Even this "stopgap" isn't bad in and of itself, except that it avoids actually solving anything long-term. What I take exception with is that the USCIS seems to be under immense political pressure to expidite these at the expense of accuracy, and of other people including US citizens who were in the pipeline for previously established services and going about it legally. The CSC alone processed something to the tune of 14,000 of these in November alone, and only approved about 900 fiancee visas which were filed MONTHS before these DACA applications. Something stinks.

Heck Jason, 10 closer to 11 months for USCIS is what we went through with an application applied for in June of 2010.....lol Weren't even any blackholes or people butting in line ahead of us. Just was what it was.

To anyone applying now or in the near future....make good use of your wait. Your choices are gonna be to curl up in a fetal ball and suck your thumb, or make good use of the wait.

Go see your girl more, get to know each other better. For anyone filing a CR-1 application try planning on how you can turn it into a IR-1 by the interview or POE date...that is exactly what my wife and I did.

We took the stupid wait from the damned imbeciles and used it to our advantage. Saved us a lot of money and hassle with the USCIS later as my family got 10 year green cards, not those 2 year cards where you pay another fine to the USCIS and have to put up with more of their waiting bullshit as they play your family like they are monkey's on a stick.

Yes, it sucks being a chimp on a string while others whose parents broke the laws get to jump in front of you with prefriential treatment....but you've only got 2 choices.

Turn their sour lemons into your lemonaide.

Okay boys, there is your pep talk for the day, now go out there and kick their sorry asses. HOOOORAH

tsap seui

• Like 1

It probably would be faster if the petitioner can afford it, would be to move to China and teach English or reside there at least 6 months with spouse, and then file the I-130 petition DCF at consulate, it would avoid the USCIS NVC process all together.

• Like 1

Not the first time this has happened. When my wife and I were going through the process Congress decided to mandate that the USCIS process asylum cases shoving K-1 visas to the back burner. As a result it took 7 months for our petition to get through the service center and NVC.

Another Black Hole happened when IMBRA was put into effect back in 2006, it caused a lot of delays while USCIS recalled all K-Visa petitions back from DOS so that they can then issue RFE for the IMBRA question page to be added to the pending petitions, that one caused cases to go from a few months to close to a year or more. My wife and I just missed that bullet, the new I-129F form had just been posted with IMBRA questions, and we ended up using that one, for us it was a month NOA1 to NOA2.

Another snafu in recent years was background checks on applications such as AOS or ROC, caused many to wait upwards of a year or longer for approvals.