Do you wear an N95 mask?

Fu Lai

Do you wear an N95 mask?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of mask do you wear?

• I always/sometimes wear the safest N95 mask anytime I am out of my house or another building
    • I always/sometimes wear the safest N95 mask only when I am outside (not in a bus or taxi)
    • I always/sometimes wear a lesser mask or scarf despite it's lack of protection (it looks better)
    • I am indestructable, never a mask for me

• 3 months later...

We bought totobobo pollution masks. When the pollution index is 250 or higher in Beijing, I wear mine whenever I'm outside, including on busses, in the subway, etc. It makes an enormous difference––when I take it off, the smell of the pollution is overwhelming. It's disgusting to see how quickly the filters turn grey and, eventually black.

That being said, we noticed a much larger difference in day-to-day health when we bought our first air filter. We have it running in the bedroom 24/7, and it stopped us from waking up with a cough and stuffed up noses. We bought a relatively simple Midea HEPA filter for ~1,000 RMB at Guomei. Later we replaced it with a BlueAir filter, which cost quite a bit more. Build quality on the BlueAir is far superior to that of the Midea, which is starting to fall apart after two years use.

Good! But OMG expensive... 150-175RMB??? I buy the one I use for less than 2RMB.

We bought totobobo pollution masks. When the pollution index is 250 or higher in Beijing, I wear mine whenever I'm outside, including on busses, in the subway, etc. It makes an enormous difference––when I take it off, the smell of the pollution is overwhelming. It's disgusting to see how quickly the filters turn grey and, eventually black.

That being said, we noticed a much larger difference in day-to-day health when we bought our first air filter. We have it running in the bedroom 24/7, and it stopped us from waking up with a cough and stuffed up noses. We bought a relatively simple Midea HEPA filter for ~1,000 RMB at Guomei. Later we replaced it with a BlueAir filter, which cost quite a bit more. Build quality on the BlueAir is far superior to that of the Midea, which is starting to fall apart after two years use.