Spouse of Chinese citizen visas, how to get them and what is needed?

I'm not sure where to post this question. Please move it to the right forum.

We are planning a trip back to China. I was told by someone that since my wife is a Chinese citizen still. Our son and I are able to get longer duration visas with multiple entries. Does anyone know the specifics of it? I was also told we need invitation letters to, has anyone gotten a visa as a spouse of Chinese national recently? What should the invitation letter from my wife state? Can she write the letter for me and our son standing just 10 feet away?

Thanks

We are planning a trip back to China. I was told by someone that since my wife is a Chinese citizen still. Our son and I are able to get longer duration visas with multiple entries. Does anyone know the specifics of it? I was also told we need invitation letters to, has anyone gotten a visa as a spouse of Chinese national recently? What should the invitation letter from my wife state? Can she write the letter for me and our son standing just 10 feet away?

Thanks

Request a 2 year duration, 180 day stay multiple entry visa. Write it in if the application doesn't have those options. Include a copy of your marriage license, her ID, her green card, and the invitation letter.

What you will actually get is up to the visa officer, but I believe it's usually a 2 year, 90 day stay, multiple entry visa.

Thanks

Take a look at this thread and how i got the 180 days stay.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44568-24-month-multiple-entry-tourist-visa/

Pay attention to the last page in the thread and more important post #24

I posted all the papers and instruction how it worked for me.

Good luck

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)