24 month multiple entry tourist visa

The wife and i will be headed to Chongqing in the first part
of May,(This year)

It has been four years since i filled out the Q1 form and
i was wondering if anyone could help with a few questions.

I will be using OasisChinavisa.

First question:
On the Q1 Section 2: Travel information.
Do i just do tourist? or do i do tourist and visit family?
( Seeing we will be visiting family)

BTW: This will be my 4th visit to Chonqing

Second question:
Q1 Section 2: box 2.5
Do i need to fill this in?
and same goes for section 2.9

And last question.
The supplement form section D
I'm not sure if i understand the question here.
Do have to fill this out and if so how?

Thanks for any help.

Mike

2.1 Family visit... Is your primary reason for travel, You can also check Tourism if you plan on taking a tour and visiting several sites..

2.5 I would list family, and if plan on visiting other places, list any place that you have on an itiniary if not then just the one place you have plans on staying at initially.

2.9 Yes, this is a family visit, list them there.

Supplement form is not filed by US Citizens, it does not apply to you... D asks if your are filing this to a consulate in a country other than your nationality... Your Nationality is American, and you are filing this to a consulate in America... This would apply to you if you were a US Citiizen Residing in Canada applying for visa in a Chinese consulate located in Canada. Or it would apply to you if you were a Canadian residing in the USA applying for visa at a consulate in the USA.

https://www.oasischinavisa.com/forms.html (Oasis states for NON-US Citizens only)

Thanks dan.

One last question.

Do the address need to be in English or can they be in chinese?

Mike

China addresses can be in Chinese.

They've tightened up on length of visa. My wife just got one and they would only give her a one year multiple entry. She did get a 90 day stay however.

Oh my wife is gonna love that! NOT!

Hello, I have some questions. Are two year tourist L type visa still available? In this topic it seems like it may not be. Whereas in Zhou Zhou's reply in the pinned post ( at the top of the page) on this subject suggests that they are. Last year at Xmas I didn't feel they were they were. The info listed by the consulate's site indicated that they were only available to China born applicants? I am going try doing it thru Oasis but are there any special ways to answer the questions? Any clarification were be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Danb

Hello, I have some questions. Are two year tourist L type visa still available? In this topic it seems like it may not be. Whereas in Zhou Zhou's reply in the pinned post ( at the top of the page) on this subject suggests that they are. Last year at Xmas I didn't feel they were they were. The info listed by the consulate's site indicated that they were only available to China born applicants? I am going try doing it thru Oasis but are there any special ways to answer the questions? Any clarification were be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Danb

This is from Oasischinavisa.

24 month multiple entry tourist visa with 180 days stay of duration, you must be qualified with one of the followings:

• If you were born in China; including mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
  • If you are under 18 years old, your parent(s) are still holding valid Chinese passport, and residing in the U.S with a valid U.S green card.
  • If you have a Chinese citizenship spouse, you can provide a copy of your marriage certificate, and a copy of your husband/wife’s valid Chinese passport.

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

24 month multiple entry tourist visa with 180 days stay of duration, you must be qualified with one of the followings:

• If you were born in China; including mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
  • If you are under 18 years old, your parent(s) are still holding valid Chinese passport, and residing in the U.S with a valid U.S green card.
  • If you have a Chinese citizenship spouse, you can provide a copy of your marriage certificate, and a copy of your husband/wife’s valid Chinese passport.

Yes this is what I was told recently as well. However, they did want $99 more for the 24 month visa.

I was recently able to get the 24 month visa for both myself and my son issued by the Houston Consulate without any problems. I always use China Visa Service Center to get my visas and on their website (www.mychinavisa.com) they do mention that the 24 month visas are not available from the San Francisco Consulate.

My wife would qualify for #1, But I wonder about #3 for me now that she is a US Citizen?

Thanks for that Mike. We're only going to make some 30 or 60 days stays within the next couple of years until our son's university starts in 2014 but after that we have talked about going over for a few months out of the year and playin' house in our home over there at different times of the year. The 2 year multiple entry 180 day stay may come in handy then.

Good luck on your trip. It ought to be fun after a few years in the states.

tsap seui

Thanks for that Mike. We're only going to make some 30 or 60 days stays within the next couple of years until our son's university starts in 2014 but after that we have talked about going over for a few months out of the year and playin' house in our home over there at different times of the year. The 2 year multiple entry 180 day stay may come in handy then.

Good luck on your trip. It ought to be fun after a few years in the states.

tsap seui

Hey, Were looking forward to this trip.

Will be nice to get out of here for awhile.

Yes this is what I was told recently as well. However, they did want $99 more for the 24 month visa.

Hey buddy, Where do you see $99 more for the 24 month?

Oasischinavisa charges:

Consular Fee.140

Agent Service Fee; 55

Sub Total: 195

Then add in return shipping the runs anywhere from 19.99 tp 39.99.