Visa invitation letter

Just received this in an e-mail from China Visa Service 0ct 21, 2013:

Tourist Invitation Letters

The Chinese Consulate in Houston and Chicago no longer accept the sample tourist invitation letter on our website. Your inviter must write and sign a personal letter addressed to the consulate with the same information included. This sample letter can be used as a reference to ensure that all the relevant information is provided to the consulate in the inviter's letter.

The sample tourist invitation letter is still accepted at our San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington DC, and New York offices.

Edited by yuehan123 (see edit history)

And, on a similar topic. My wife applied, in person, at the Chinese Embassy Visa section. The worker stated: "...let me see your round trip airline ticket..." Although I provided hotel reservations they were neither requested nor submitted. R/T ticket and requesedt stay was for 34 days.

The visa: Tourist L multiple entry for one year, 30 days max stay each visit was issued.

My wife has been to China as a US citizen many times. Never issued only 30 days prior to this.

Something else. Our lady friend returned to China Nov. 1. She applied for a "family" Visa using the R/T ticket and an Invitation letter. She was issued a multiple entry 2 year, 30 day max stay Q2 Visa. HUH? 30 days to go stay with family?

Gets to the question I raised earlier this year, "Is it the Q2 visa that gets you pulled aside upon entry with the 'warning' to update your household residence?" We will soon find out.

And, on a similar topic. My wife applied, in person, at the Chinese Embassy Visa section. The worker stated: "...let me see your round trip airline ticket..." Although I provided hotel reservations they were neither requested nor submitted. R/T ticket and requesedt stay was for 34 days.

The visa: Tourist L multiple entry for one year, 30 days max stay each visit was issued.

My wife has been to China as a US citizen many times. Never issued only 30 days prior to this.

Something else. Our lady friend returned to China Nov. 1. She applied for a "family" Visa using the R/T ticket and an Invitation letter. She was issued a multiple entry 2 year, 30 day max stay Q2 Visa. HUH? 30 days to go stay with family?

Gets to the question I raised earlier this year, "Is it the Q2 visa that gets you pulled aside upon entry with the 'warning' to update your household residence?" We will soon find out.

In the past, 30 days was the length of time given to Z-visas - to allow you enough time to get to the local PSB and convert to a residence permit and work permit. I wonder if that's the game plan here, too - that is, to shift more of the burden of administering visa restrictions to the PSB's, especially for longer term stays.

I just went through this a few months ago. I went to China to pick up my wife and bring her back. I use http://www.passportvisasexpress.com/. I have used them twice and they helped me with the paperwork to finally get my single proof paperwork in Guangzhou. They said I needed an invitation letter with a copy of the airline tickets. I booked a hotel in my wife’s town instead and sent a copy of the reservation with a copy of my airfare ternary. I did not have to pay for the hotel and of course my wife found a cheaper hotel. I got a travel visa that is good for a year, multiple entries, and 30 days maximum stay. For me it is the best way to get a visa but they may only deal with people on the east coast who need to use the Chinese consulate in Washington DC. It took about a week to get my visa back. I think you either need an invitation letter or a hotel reservation. Booking the hotel was much easier that trying to see if I could get the translation to my wife telling her what I needed. This website is amazing. They answer every email and have the fastest service I have ever had. They have a form to download and fill out. Then send in the paperwork. Sure beats airfare, hotel and expenses to go to the Chinese consulate.

I just went through this a few months ago. I went to China to pick up my wife and bring her back. I use http://www.passportvisasexpress.com/. I have used them twice and they helped me with the paperwork to finally get my single proof paperwork in Guangzhou. They said I needed an invitation letter with a copy of the airline tickets. I booked a hotel in my wife’s town instead and sent a copy of the reservation with a copy of my airfare ternary. I did not have to pay for the hotel and of course my wife found a cheaper hotel. I got a travel visa that is good for a year, multiple entries, and 30 days maximum stay. For me it is the best way to get a visa but they may only deal with people on the east coast who need to use the Chinese consulate in Washington DC. It took about a week to get my visa back. I think you either need an invitation letter or a hotel reservation. Booking the hotel was much easier that trying to see if I could get the translation to my wife telling her what I needed. This website is amazing. They answer every email and have the fastest service I have ever had. They have a form to download and fill out. Then send in the paperwork. Sure beats airfare, hotel and expenses to go to the Chinese consulate.

My understanding of the visa services is that you can use any of them. They will use the consulate/embassy whose jurisdiction they fall under.

Seems like they're tending to give 30 day limitations for visitors, though, where the itinerary shows a short stay. Perhaps they'll be more generous with "family reunion" type visas which may call for a longer stay. Templates are available for the invitation letters. Just be sure that the inviter writes it in their own handwriting.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I did a write up of what we sent for a buddy of mine.

He just received his visa two days ago.

This is the write i posted.

Check post number 53.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/44937-effective-as-of-aug-1-a-new-visa-requirement/page-4

He only needed invitation letter.

it could be that some visa services go by different rules.

Thought the visa rules have changed a bit the family reunion visa should be no problem as long as you are already married.

Have wife fill out form (See link above) and follow instructions on invitation form.

There is a link to a PDF form for the invitations letter on post #53

The pdf invitation form is at http://www.mychinavisa.com/pdf/Invitation_Letter_for_Tourist_Visa.pdf

As has been mentioned (http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/45355-visa-invitation-letter/?p=605755), though, form letters with fill-in blanks may not be accepted. You may wish to simply include the same information on a hand-written invitation

Thanks for the link, I just checked out the site...FYI they do deal with the other consulates as well. For me, it's Chicago.

http://www.passportvisasexpress.com/visa_services/china/china_chicago_consulate/tourist_visa

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am trying to get traveling visa for China. On the Chinese visitor visa application form question # 19 they ask for a Local ID number/ Citizenship number. What is a Local ID number? Are they looking for my driver's license number or my social security number or something else? I really don't like posting my Social Security number. Thanks Danb

Hello, I am trying to get traveling visa for China. On the Chinese visitor visa application form question # 19 they ask for a Local ID number/ Citizenship number. What is a Local ID number? Are they looking for my driver's license number or my social security number or something else? I really don't like posting my Social Security number. Thanks Danb

Your D/L number will be fine.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have done this application before but I just don't remember what I had used last time.

We are planning to Visit Xi'an for the New Years but we have bought tickets or gotten a hotel for that trip yet. I am doing the appl right now. I will try to explain our tentative trip and the lack of tickets and hotel reservations. I hope that they don't have a problem with the explanation. Thanks again Danb

PS:I don't remember ever doing an invitation letter. Reading something about it but never doing it.

I would probably use Passport Number. US Citizens do not have a national ID number. I believe I simply noted N/A for an ID number.

I would probably use Passport Number. US Citizens do not have a national ID number. I believe I simply noted N/A for an ID number.

Line #19 asks (Local ID number/ Citizenship number)

I have always put my D/L number and never had a problem.

Line #19 asks (Local ID number/ Citizenship number)

I have always put my D/L number and never had a problem.

Yes Local ID would equate to state ID so a DL# should do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just got back my 2 year visa. This is the first time I have gotten a two year yisa. I used the Oasis Chinese Visa service( They are based in Washington, D.C.):

www.Oasischinavisa.com

I have used them before and other have mentioned them before.

I think I sent them my application the Monday before Thanksgiving. I got an email from them that I need to send them a copy of my wife's National ID card, front and back. I didn't have it initially because I had lost it in cyber space. I had my Lao Po send me a copy again and forward it to Oasis.

So on my Visa it is good from Dec 2 2013 to Dec 2 2015. It is labeled as a Q2 visa. It is good for multiple entries (M). Each entry is good for 60 days.

I send Oasis the following things:

1. My visa application.

2. A colored passport type photo.

3. My Red marriage book.

4. My passport.

5. A copy of my wife's National ID card. Front and back

6. A copy of my wife's current passport. Front and back

7. An invitational email from my wife . It was in both in Chinese and English. She gave the particulars of my trip. We are planning to go to Xi'an but did not have plane tickets or hotel reservations. I so stated that in my explanation.

8. A copy of my plane Itinerary.

9. I charged everything on line. Sorry I don't remember the exact amount but it was about $250. I did a rush service and had Oasis send it back to me by Fed-ex one day service.

I felt Oasis did a good job for me. Of course they charge for their service but for me it was worth it. They checked my documentation and found that I was the ID card photo. If I had done this whole thing my self I would have had to taken 2 days off from work and travel down to NYC and also gotten everything correct. This work out for me.

Thanks to this site and Oasis I am "good to go" (visa wise) for either two or possible trip to China. Danb