CCP blue slip AP depressing...

S85

Hello,

Is there anyone who had the interview in 2012 around Sep.and still waiting due to the CCP?

Sorry, came here to vent...

I had mine interview at the end of Sep.

And during the interview, I turned in the four documents even my passport...

But right now still waiting, it is approaching the four months timeline.

Stupidly, we booked the ticket, and it got changed for twice now... we changed it to Jan 24th...

Even worse, I quit my job...

He has been very positive, he said it would make us relationship stronger. And it will all worth it in the end.

I just want to get married with him and to start our life together. Why it is so hard...

I know my case was not the worst one compared to some other's. But still it sucks... and it hurts...

I know the wait is very hard, the one advantage to the CCP delay is the expected delay is reasonably well known. You are about 3.5 months in. My wife's case took 3 months. The longest I know of was a couple who interviewed the same day as my wife who was approved 7 months after her interview. She was a manager at a State-owned company which is why I think it took so long.

My advice is to ask your fiance to email the GUZ consulate on about two week intervals. You say they have your passport? That is a little unusual but likely a good sign.

The one thing to keep in mind is your medical will expire the end of March. It sounds like you are ready to go within a few weeks but if it goes much longer you may need to get your medical redone.

Thanks for the compassion :) I joined the CCP in the college for the reason of potential job oppotunity. Then after it, I went to U.S for gradute school directly, came back and worked at an U.S company. I never got any benifits for being a CCP.

That is a good point of the medical check... May I know when did your wife have her interview? I thought it was good they took my passport as well. However, it didnt seem like it so far.

The hardest part is waiting and not knowing when.

That is my fiance's plan to email them every two weeks. Also our laywer has been following up as well. But I dont really trust the lawyer now. She used to tell us her past experience of CCP is average 6-8 weeks... That is why we booked ticket, quit my job, planned everything...

Anyway, thanks very much for listening my vent :)

• Like 2

Yes, the CCP thging is known, and you did the correct thing and did not try to hid this from the visa interview, the CCP waiver is automatic, it just takes a little time for them to get the approval from Washington DC. They understand that in China most join the CCP for work reasons and not for political reasons, it is much the same as in the USA when many take a job in some work places the employee needs to join a Union as condition of working.

You will get the visa if all they are waiting on is the waiver, it's only a mater of time.

Thanks all for the information and comforting.

I hope I could hear anything soon too. That is the first thing in my mind when I wake up everyday.

Getting my hope up and got disappointed every single day. That sucks. Specially I have so much free time try to kill, it makes this harder.

I was so frustrated about it that I took my anger to my fiance. Though I know it was not fair for him and it was not good for our relationship, still cant help to be mad. He often says it is just what it is. No one to be blamed. Well, I think it was someone's fault. Consulate, Lawyer... it gotta be someone's fault so that this process is taking so long. This is a broken system. Everyone knows it but no one is fixing it...

It is getting closer to 4 months. I guess I will be worried if I didnt hear anything by 4 months.

This forum has becoming my best friend. It make me feel better after venting here every time.

Thanks all.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...