I-751 - Any luck without providing 3rd party affidavits?

From everything I have read , the 3rd party affidavits are not required but have had a hard time finding if anyone here was successful without them? If they are not required, I wonder why in the instructions they specify "at least two"? If it was not required it would not list a quantity I would think, but I faintly recall in reading about this in the past here that there were a couple who were successful without them. Anyone else recall?

I really do not want to subject my friends and family with having to go get a statement notarized. I can write the statement for them and they will sign it, but having them go off somewhere and get it notarized and returned to me would be a pain, especially since my friends and family live in other parts of the country.

I do have a boat load of evidence other than that and intend to throw everything I have into the packet and go with that. If I get an RFE, then I will just have to deal with it.

Also, am I seeing right that there are sometimes that biometrics are not required? Any reason why that happens? Do you get the biometric fee refunded?

Lee

We are about 7 months away but I already have what I consider more than ample evidence for my wife's ROC. I have no intention of getting affidavits. In certain cases, typically where you are living with family, people get them because their evidence is sparse. I am sure there are some who will disagree with me but if you are comfortable with the rest of your evidence, I don't see where they would tip the balance. Personally, I think in many cases affadavits are rather self-serving since you can do exactly what you described.

As for Biometrics, I think it is rare for the biometrics to be waived. I read somewhere that if you have them done within a certain time window at a USCIS office for another reason it does not have to be repeated. I would plan on having to have it done. The actual interview as part of ROC is however often waived.

I beleive the I-751 instructions request them, they are not an option.

We got two, one from my brother in law, and another from a friend.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Immigration%20Stuff/I-751SwornAffidavits.jpg

Unfortunately they require biometrics at all stages, my wife an I had to make a trip to Buffalo NY three times for biometrics (I-485, I-751, and N-400)

I have read through this thread on Visa Journey.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/220440-i-751-evidence/page__view__findpost__p__3353837

This is where I formed my opinion on Affidavits. You notice in Dan's link it says affidavits must be supported by evidence above. I do not interpret that to mean they are required.

We sent in the affidavits that I printed with the names and addresses and phone# of the people, one was wife's doctor, and had them only sign it and I sent these in and had no problems that I am aware of. We received my wife's 10 yr card a few weeks ago!

I did not want to bother them with the notorization either, but the more proof you send the better.

They are but one of many possible pieces of evidence proving an ongoing marriage. They are not required. The instructions say "SHOULD cover, but are not limited to, the following EXAMPLES..." I submitted two, neither notarized. We had no problems what so ever.

• 1 month later...

We did the same as dan ling with name address and phone number. In the instructions it even says date and place of birth. did not get notarized. just got our noa1 last week but im sure its fine not notarized. we sent them letters from3 different people

• 3 weeks later...