Firing a pistol for the first time

chilton747

My stepson has been infatuated with guns mainly because of no access of them in China. I first took him to a gun show and he was in amazement at the collections he saw.

Fast forward a couple of weeks later...........It was time. We went outside and I instructed him on how to fire a 45 pistol made by Israel. He put it in his hand, held it out, the squeezed the trigger and the gun fired. I saw it recoil in his hand and he went "WOW"!! He shot a couple of more rounds (low power rounds that I loaded myself) and he was thrilled. Certainly he had wanted to do this all of his life. I said " Ain't America great?" He said "yes I like much". I said now don't tell your mother and he understood. It's our little secret. Soon I will let him fire an AK 47 that does double tap engineered my be of course. :eyebrow:

It's a lot of fun watching someone shoot for the first time.

My wife had never seen a firearm up close before we married. I was surprised at what a good shot my wife was.

I didn't put a .45 in her hands... just an old H&R .22 revolver, but having never learned any bad shooting habits, she was a natural. I'd like to say that it was my excellent instruction, but it was all her.

She was just as adept at shooting rifles too. She wasn't even afraid to try shooting my M1 Garand! That 30-06 kicks pretty hard, but she didn't mind. Lot's of good fun that day!

Best Wishes

• 2 weeks later...

Last March, Jen and I shared an almost perfect "redneck" weekend. We went down to SoCal to meet up with another couple. On the Sunday, it was NASCAR and the Auto Club 400. Saturday, it was shooting out in the desert. On the way south, I mentioned to Jen that going out shooting was suggested thinking she would not be interested. To my suprise, here responce was,"REALLY? You can do that?" She loved it so much, we even stopped on the way back from the desert at a Pro Bass Shop so she could look at guns.

Oh yeah, the only part that strayed from the redneck theme was the outstanding sushi dinner we had Saturday night. :rolleyes:

I took my wife to an indoor range several years ago. I instructed her, then reminded her numerous times to keep the business end pointed down range. She finished a clip, turned around smiling and the business end was pointed straight at me. We left the range and haven't been back.

Make sure they understand the business end and that these apparatuses that punch holes in paper will kill.

I remember when i took hong out for the first time.

She was scared sh**tless.

But now she have moved up to a 9mm and 20gauge.

Soon she should be ready for the AR.

gallery_2511_535_35599.jpg

gallery_2511_535_152058.jpg

Hey buddy,

What is that down range in the 1st pic? Is she shooting at a camper or trying to get one of those geese? :lol:

I took my wife to an indoor range several years ago. I instructed her, then reminded her numerous times to keep the business end pointed down range. She finished a clip, turned around smiling and the business end was pointed straight at me. We left the range and haven't been back.

Make sure they understand the business end and that these apparatuses that punch holes in paper will kill.

She was probably so excited that she forgot. I've seen that happen. You have to keep an eye on them and stop them short of doing stupid things.

Last March, Jen and I shared an almost perfect "redneck" weekend. We went down to SoCal to meet up with another couple. On the Sunday, it was NASCAR and the Auto Club 400. Saturday, it was shooting out in the desert. On the way south, I mentioned to Jen that going out shooting was suggested thinking she would not be interested. To my suprise, here responce was,"REALLY? You can do that?" She loved it so much, we even stopped on the way back from the desert at a Pro Bass Shop so she could look at guns.

Oh yeah, the only part that strayed from the redneck theme was the outstanding sushi dinner we had Saturday night. :rolleyes:

We have a redneck weekend here every day. :D

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

http://i47.tinypic.com/oqdaxk.jpg

Shooting School for Olympics & etc.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2m81j0l.jpg

2nd floor, window walls are removable and targets are on a rooftop.

http://i45.tinypic.com/3465gcl.jpg

#2 Boss & Shooter

Wife visited this a few days ago and found the folks knew me, all the same school complex where she works. Need to have them give her a shot. Heck I need to see if they will let me shoot too, next trip.

Now Chowls, you sure you want guns in that house? I hid mine when the other misses around.

Edited by Doug (see edit history)

http://i47.tinypic.com/oqdaxk.jpg

Shooting School for Olympics & etc.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2m81j0l.jpg

2nd floor, window walls are removable and targets are on a rooftop.

http://i45.tinypic.com/3465gcl.jpg

#2 Boss & Shooter

Wife visited this a few days ago and found the folks knew me, all the same school complex where she works. Need to have them give her a shot. Heck I need to see if they will let me shoot too, next trip.

Now Chowls, you sure you want guns in that house? I hid mine when the other misses around.

The wife is scared of guns. She wouldn't know what to do with it. Besides, they stay locked up in a safe that she can't open. I keep the one out for me but it is in my sight at all times.

The wife is scared of guns. She wouldn't know what to do with it. Besides, they stay locked up in a safe that she can't open. I keep the one out for me but it is in my sight at all times.

Glad you Yall did the guy thing.

I just know if we collected Perry Menapause victims and put them in a war, it would be over in about 10 seconds. We would win. Sorry there Chillin, just havin a recolection.

That deletion is really a joke, there were no politics in it at all. It was a post of the link today of the dangers of guns by the killing of a little kid by his father (by accident).

The politics is in the deletion of the post. "Nothing wrong with everybody having a lot of guns and shooting, dangnabbit!"

That deletion is really a joke, there were no politics in it at all. It was a post of the link today of the dangers of guns by the killing of a little kid by his father (by accident).

The politics is in the deletion of the post. "Nothing wrong with everybody having a lot of guns and shooting, dangnabbit!"

The politics was that you went off topic of the OP.

Charles was just stating how our Chinese wife's adjust to American way of life.

We all have guns.

Most if not all of our gal's from China have NEVER!! seen a Gun let alone fired one.

IMO: My wife does not like guns, But when the time to play and have fun?

She has no problem shooting the hills

Randy did what he needed to do