DCF Residency

I have dual citizenships, Hong Kong and USA.

I am trying to file DCF GZ.

I have been working in China for the last few years, but I do not have anything to show my residency.

Since I am a Hong Kong citizen, I do not need a visa to work or enter China, I enter China with my Hong Kong ID Cards, thus I do not have any stamps on my passports.

I am just wondering if there is anyone, or know of anyone in a similar situation, and what did they do to show residency?

I been exchanging emails with USCIS, but I feel like I am talking to a robot, it takes a couple of days each exchange, and I never get my question answered.

Thanks.

Where do you show as residency? Have an apartment in China? Or is it in HK and you commute? If have an apartment in China in your name, then perhaps that will work, or check with local PSB office in China about evidence of living in that jurisdiction. From my understanding a foreign citizen needs to register with PSB within a few days of residing on their jurisdiction.

There is no USCIS field office having jurisdiction over HK so if that is your residency you will have to mail petition to USCIS in the USA and go through the normal state side process.

What is spouse residency? If China then will need to interview in Guangzhou.

Where have you been actually living? Hong Kong or somewhere in the Mainland?

Can you prove residency in Hong Kong? Since Hong Kong does not have a USCIS office you have to file at the Chicago Lockbox but evidence on Visa Journey indicates that if you file with a foreign address it gets automatically expedited and typically is approved within a month. One path to consider.

Thanks guys.

I been working in Guangzhou for the last 3 years, worked in Shenzhen before that, and my wife is a Chinese living in Guangzhou.

I live in an apartment provided by my company (before moving in with my wife) so my name is not on it, and I plan to file to the Guangzhou USCIS office.

Would a letter from my company stating that I been employed for the last 3 years help?

Or should I just show up tomorrow at the USCIS office to do a DCF and let them check over my info to see whats missing?

I am fairly close, but I am wondering if they will charge me before they look over my info or they will check to see the info is okay then they will charge me.

They wont be open tomorrow, Friday hours only...

Hours of Operation

The office is open to the public at 8:30 - 10:30am on Fridays. The Consulate is closed on Chinese and American holidays.

Phone, Fax Numbers & Email

Phone:

020-8518-7651 (within China)

011-8620-8518-7651 (from the United States)

Fax:

011-8620-3884-4416

E-mail:

CIS-Guangzhou.Inquiries@dhs.gov

Inquiries:

Inquiries may be sent via mail, fax, or e-mail.

Visiting the office in person

Appointments:

''V92'' follow-to-join asylum cases are scheduled by appointment only.

Walk-ins:

Walk-ins are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis during our public service window hours only. Walk-ins for cases other than V92 and adoptions are accepted during public service window hours.

http://www.uscis.gov...000082ca60aRCRD

I just got back from my DCF @ GZ. They accepted the application.

The lady asked to see originals of everything. And she mentioned that they also consider special cases if you have enough support.

To recap, my situation was:

I don't have/need a visa to be in China, but I been here for a few years, and I wanted to do a DCF.

I am not sure what I did that helped but here is what I included:

HK ID

China ID

BN(O) passport

A support from my company stating I been working there for a while.

Hope this information would help people that are in a similar situation.

• Like 1

The lady asked to see originals of everything. And she mentioned that they also consider special cases if you have enough support.

I don't have/need a visa to be in China, but I been here for a few years, and I wanted to do a DCF.

HK ID

China ID

BN(O) passport

What do you have in your passport that allows you to stay in China?? If you check into a hotel or go anywhere that your passport is required they will look for this.

HK ID

China ID

BN(O) passport

What do you have in your passport that allows you to stay in China?? If you check into a hotel or go anywhere that your passport is required they will look for this.

Wouldn't his Chinese ID card take care of this? But then that also implies that he is a Chinese citizen if he has a Chinese ID card?? Hmmmm......don't know.

Edited by dan1984 (see edit history)

HK ID

China ID

BN(O) passport

Wouldn't his Chinese ID card take care of this? But then that also implies that he is a Chinese citizen if he has a Chinese ID card?? Hmmmm......don't know.

Yes - it would also mean that he couldn't file an I-130 (3 years in China would tend to be an abandonment of a green card). I'm guessing he has a US passport and a residence permit. Minor issue, but a point of curiosity.

Need to read first post he is a HK citizen probably from UK time and also a US citizen, uses his HK credentials to enter and leave the mainland.

A very odd case.

Need to read first post he is a HK citizen probably from UK time and also a US citizen, uses his HK credentials to enter and leave the mainland.

A very odd case.

Still needs documentation, but he's got his bases covered - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Return_Permit

Home Return Permit (Simplified Chinese: 回乡证; Traditional Chinese: 回鄉證; pinyin: Huíxiāng Zhèng), also referred to as Home Visit Permit, or China Back Home Pass, is the colloquial name for the national identity document officially known as the Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents (pinyin: Gǎng-Aò Jūmín Láiwǎng Nèidì Tōngxíngzhèng) issued to citizens of Hong Kong and Macao as the entry permit to mainland China. The permit is issued by the Public Security Bureau of Guangdong province through China Travel Service sub-branches in Hong Kong and Macao and allows holders to travel freely to and take up employment in mainland China.
  • Like 1