Guangzhou Update 2

Congratulations.

My fiancee said that some girls on 001 said they were denied visas due to no 2003 Income Tax Return.  Was that an issue for the girls who did get their visas?  Just wondering for next month's interview.

Francine told me many girls were denied visas yesterday, but I am not sure of the reason,she had a copy of my 2003 W2 just in case but the VO said there was no need to see it.

Good luck next month.

Any more info on why many girls were denied would be greatly appreciated. There are quite of few of us waiting on P4's or interview dates who might like ot know more if possible.

I guess I'll get busy with my 2003 return this weekend, just in case.

Congratulations.

My fiancee said that some girls on 001 said they were denied visas due to no 2003 Income Tax Return.  Was that an issue for the girls who did get their visas?  Just wondering for next month's interview.

Francine told me many girls were denied visas yesterday, but I am not sure of the reason,she had a copy of my 2003 W2 just in case but the VO said there was no need to see it.

Good luck next month.

Any more info on why many girls were denied would be greatly appreciated. There are quite of few of us waiting on P4's or interview dates who might like ot know more if possible.

I guess I'll get busy with my 2003 return this weekend, just in case.

I ll have to check in with the 001 girls they know everything thats going on.

I will try to get some more info for you.

Here is what I found out. It is a quote of a fiance from another site.

I deleted the names, but this is the e-mail from the girl to her fiance in the US who is now madly scrambling to get 2003 taxes.

I was interviewed in window 10. A young black man was there to ask me Qs. I

was too nervous to answer in English. I didn't understand what he said. And

it is difficult to hear by a mike. Then he asked me in Chinese. I answer his

Qs in Chinese at first. Then I can answer him in English. I feel he was

friendly. Now the Qs is, you have to send me the tax return for 2003. I

remember there is not 2003 in your letter to sent me. So, please let me know

when you can get the tax return for 2003. Then you can send it by fax...

Dean

Actually the CO should not have even asked for the 2003, taxes. By law Americans have until April 15, 2004 to file your 2003, taxes. Most Americans don't even get their W-2's until the begining of February.

Someone should put this on 001.

Legally they could have asked for 2000, 2001, and 2002, taxes not 2003.

This was a mistake by the CO who should have known better. To bad the fiances were not with them, they could have raised these issues. Asking for 2003, taxes is unacceptable, as they do not have to be filed yet, and in most cases probably less then 5% of Americans have filed their taxes by 2/4/04.

Thanks for finding that email Dean. That helps sort out the rumors from the facts.

There won't be much to file since I've been unemployed since 12/2002. So, I will start working on it now.

Nice to know that our govt officials are aware of the federal laws regarding tax return filing. ;)

Let me add my "official" congratulations to you both.  I could tell from the smile on Francine's face that she was happier than anyone in Guangzhou that day.  Best of luck to you two.

Thanks Frank,

Francine said she had a great time meeting you both and Jerry's Zhenglin too........

Good luck on your trip home!

Frank

Let me add my "official" congratulations to you both.  I could tell from the smile on Francine's face that she was happier than anyone in Guangzhou that day.  Best of luck to you two.

Thanks Frank,

Francine said she had a great time meeting you both and Jerry's Zhenglin too........

Good luck on your trip home!

Frank

Zhenglin enjoyed meeting Francine as well and had a good time with her and the other girls on Wednesday afternoon. It sounded like Francine is all ready to come! Woefully (for me :) ), Zhenglin still has a lot of packing to do...

Jerry