Name change after marriage?

True Blue, a random question, are u from Michigan?

As in UM Blue?

Anyway, I think they are somewhere in southern Florida.

. . .

She and her family don't seem to have middle names....is that the norm in China?...It is kind of funny to me that they have lillions of people, many with no middle names and most last names only range from 2 to 4 letters. But I guess because everyone is called Lao or Xiao something that sort of makes up for it. I still crack up seeing 85 year old men and women referred to as Xiao but I guess it is now different than my buddy's 92 year old Great Uncle "Sonny" and his 71 year old boy "Junior". Maybe the thought is if you have a young sounding name, then you will feel and act younger!

Regards,

True "Baby" Blue :)

Chinese names are (with rare exceptions) 2 or 3 Chinese characters. A Chinese character represents a single syllable, which can usually be represented by 2 to 5 Roman letters.

. . .

She and her family don't seem to have middle names....is that the norm in China?...It is kind of funny to me that they have lillions of people, many with no middle names and most last names only range from 2 to 4 letters. But I guess because everyone is called Lao or Xiao something that sort of makes up for it. I still crack up seeing 85 year old men and women referred to as Xiao but I guess it is now different than my buddy's 92 year old Great Uncle "Sonny" and his 71 year old boy "Junior". Maybe the thought is if you have a young sounding name, then you will feel and act younger!

Regards,

True "Baby" Blue :)

Chinese names are (with rare exceptions) 2 or 3 Chinese characters. A Chinese character represents a single syllable, which can usually be represented by 2 to 5 Roman letters.

A side effect of that is that the space for the signature on a Chinese form is plenty big enough for 3 Chinese characters, but hardly big enough for even one of my names. They usually expect me to sign my full passport name. The name on my driver's license is a full phonetic spelling using 9 Chinese characters.