10 Year Green Card finally will arrive soon - no interview needed

IEveryone here has been so great to us - I hope I can give back a little re: our recent experience applying for AOS.

Short version: For those in the queue, just hang in there, hurry up and wait

Long Version: Here is our story

-Applied to Vermont Service Center around Thanksgiving

-Got a notice that it was received on November 30th

-Wife checked web site 2-3 times a week for a status update - her most recent check was on Wednesday - it still said "in processing"

-Received letter in mail Saturday that 10 year green card has been approved and is on it's way within 60 days

-Based on other posts here I am expecting it sooner - maybe in 3-4 weeks

Based on great advice here we included:

- 3 years tax returns,

- a slew of bills with both of our names on them (based on what we owe - this was NO PROBLEM for us - hahaha),

- 6 letters from neighbors and coworkers who knew us both well

-everything else mentioned in a checklist we found here

AND

We got the advice here that a PICTURE is worth 1000 words [but we got the advice late in the game so we didn't have a lot of pictures] SO we took some

-pictures, pictures, pictures - we send about 120 of them in total

What I did was copied them onto standard paper and printed on a color printer by making a collage of 4 pictures per page

- we got a great tip that wherever we were together, get someone to snap a pciture oif both of us in front of a sign showing the location

But we were behind the power curve because we had taken some but we hadn't taken a lot of pictures togetherd SO - here's how we "caught up"

- when we flew to LA with stops in ST Louis and Kansas City to change planes, we got pictures in those airports even though we were "just passing through"

We framed the picture to cut off the word airport and it said "Welcome to St Louis" - hahaha

- we also got tons of pictures together in small towns in front of "Welcome to ______town" signs, pictures in front of state park signs, pictures showing us together at

a slew of places and sometimes (if the sign advertised July 4th fireworks or Memorial Day parade) also showing we were together at a date

Nothing fancy - a small pocket camera or cell phone is fine and just hand to a stranger and ask them to take a picture of you together with the sign showing location and in some cases also showing an upcoming event date.

Don't forget that every different town in the"suburbs" counts so if you don't have a huge travel budget (we didn't) then take a picture with each of 12 suburb signs shows travel together within your state. Even if you "travelled" 20 miles to visit 12 small suburb towns in one day - it can look like you were travelling together over an extended time. Note: bring spare, shirts, jackets,, sunglasses and hats, change poses, camera settings and orientation and time of day to help "mix up the look". So If you are filing in a week or 2 and you want to take a couple days to rack some up (USCIS isn't going to make the connection that all 12 pictures may be taken in 1 day) carry spare shirts, jackets, hats and sunglasses in the car so if you take 12 pictures in 1 day you can "vary the look" and it looked like separate days, months or even years. BTW I never put a date on the pictures or don't advocate that you are untruthful. Just labelled the pictures for what they were - various pictures 2010-2012 and let USCIS draw their own conclusions :)

Good luck everyone!

And a BIG THANKS to all here at this site who helped "True Blue" get his wife something"Green" ; )

• Like 1

Thanks Tsap! I have more good news to report which hopefully will encourage others who are in the middle of the long wait. Once are 10 year green card was approved, amazingly, the card arrived in only 6 days rather than the 60 days mentioned in the notice. It's good to finally have the card in hand.

Yep, typically I-751 for removal of conditions rarely involves an interview, the evidence sent to them tends to paint the picture they are looking for, only if the evidence is sparse or they suspect immigrations fraud such as couple living apart for what ever reason would they call in for an interview.

My wife's 10 year card turned out to be just 2 years, at about 4 years or residency she decided to go for Citizenship, and did the oath this past Feb and turned the card back in at the oath ceremony.

Thanks Tsap! I have more good news to report which hopefully will encourage others who are in the middle of the long wait. Once are 10 year green card was approved, amazingly, the card arrived in only 6 days rather than the 60 days mentioned in the notice. It's good to finally have the card in hand.

That had to be a good feeling to get the card so quickly, and it is such a feeling of relief to have a ten year card in hand. Sorta feel like you've "arrived" or made it.

I remember the feeling last year when we got to America on August 15th and within a couple or three weeks had the SS and 10 year cards in our hands. Without anymore paperwork for the 10 year card other than showing up at the airport of POE.

It's great to see so many folks getting those 10 year card and getting over the hump. As well, for familys like Dan and his wife I'll bet the citizenship oath is a crowning touch and his wife REALLY has nothing left to file for or wory about. That is something to really feel proud of too.

tsap seui

• 2 months later...

I sent our daughter's birth certificate, house title, and driver's license that show our names and addresses together. If they need more information than that then F the country and the immigration service. Quite impressive how slow CSC and VSC are working now. I guess the approval of the illegal under-18 immigrant children of illegals has taken the time away from processing of legal immigrants.

.. I guess the approval of the illegal under-18 immigrant children of illegals has taken the time away from processing of legal immigrants. .. "

SZ, its going to get worse before it gets better --- I'm a life-long Democrat, but its pretty clear after the election, , that illegal immigrants are going to go to the head of the line on immigration matters.. Maybe one of the few things I agreed with Romney on was his commitment to a fair (legal) immigration policy. Thats now out the window for many Candle members here.

.. I guess the approval of the illegal under-18 immigrant children of illegals has taken the time away from processing of legal immigrants. .. "

SZ, its going to get worse before it gets better --- I'm a life-long Democrat, but its pretty clear after the election, , that illegal immigrants are going to go to the head of the line on immigration matters.. Maybe one of the few things I agreed with Romney on was his commitment to a fair (legal) immigration policy. Thats now out the window for many Candle members here.

You are so right about this. I live in Texas and have seen this time and time again. What really bothers me is watching rallies of illegals conducted using the Spanish language, all waving Mexican flags and demanding their "US rights and benefits". I really wish they would wave the American flag. I also wish they would do things the legal way like everyone here is doing.

You are so right about this. I live in Texas and have seen this time and time again. What really bothers me is watching rallies of illegals conducted using the Spanish language, all waving Mexican flags and demanding their "US rights and benefits". I really wish they would wave the American flag. I also wish they would do things the legal way like everyone here is doing.

Sorry to say, it looks like they ARE doing things the LEGAL WAY. :rotfl: The NEW American way.

I hate to say this but yesterday as I drove into the VA hospital parking lot and saw that huge American flag proudly waving over the hospital, it dawned on me that what is going on inside this building makes this one of the few federal buildings that I actually trust the flag flying over....or at least what the ol' red, white, and blue stood for....ago.

Two weeks ago I realized, with a start, and a quick vomit, that I was no longer living in the America I grew up in. I laughed and told my dear lil' wife and son.....don't worry about studying for any citizenship test or think about giving up yore Chinese passports....keep all yore options open.

All ya kin do is laugh...so, be merry and laugh.....as Phyliss DIller would say......AHHH HA...HA...HA...HA...HA...HA...HA...and as our fearless leader Jimi Hendrix from the 60's once sang...."Life is but a joke"

tsap seui

Don't take nothin' I, or anyone else says seriously :victory:

• 2 months later...

Congrats to you!

I got email from USCIS yesterday that they ordered production of my new card and will mail it to me within 30 days, no interview needed. ( My 2-year GC has no interview either).

Good luck to everybody who is in this process :)

God bless everyone.

Ruby

Congrats to you!

I got email from USCIS yesterday that they ordered production of my new card and will mail it to me within 30 days, no interview needed. ( My 2-year GC has no interview either).

Good luck to everybody who is in this process :)

God bless everyone.

Ruby

That is great news Ruby. Good for you.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5bGUsT0OV8&feature=player_detailpage

Shucks, ol' James Marshall coved lots of other writers songs...why here's one rat cheer.

I admit I wasn't much of a Bob Dillon fan back in hte day, it took some years for me to catch up, but Itook my wife to see him last July 2012. Had a dang good blues type band backin' him.

tsap seui