Effective as of Aug 1, a New Visa Requirement

http://houston.china-consulate.org/eng/vp/zgqz/t674824.htm

One of the following documents is required:

- An Invitation Letter for Tourist Group of Invitation Letter for Tourist by a Duly Authorized Tourism Unit;

- An Invitation Letter issued by companies, corporations, institutions and individuals in China. If the invitation letter is issued by an individual in China, the photocopy of the ID of the individual is required.

- photocopy of the round trip airline ticket and hotel reservation.

We have the house I bought for Wenyan, still fully furnished just sitting there waiting for us. Only people on internet are two neices. I can see my invitation letter.....

And since none of them know my name and call me either "uncle" or "lao wei"...

Dear uncle lao wei,

You are invited to come stay in your wife's home in Fushun and visit with us. Make sure and bring your wife too.

Oh well, just another flea bite on the back of an upper thigh, up by the ol' poop shute. After acting like monkeys in a cage throwing their own feces at my wife and son that the American government gave my wife and son for all those years, starting at their interview in hot sweaty Gongzhow I reckon it's only fair and proper that the Chinese throw a lil' of their own....so to speak.....LOL

Mebbe I'll just go to the courthouse and change my official name to Unca Lao Wei.....in Chinese characters, with a hint of Donald Duck cartoons. You know, make it easier for the neices to write their invitation letters n' all.

tsap seui

Life jes ain't worth livin' if'n ya can't laugh at the whole thing

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

http://houston.china...gqz/t674824.htm

- An Invitation Letter for Tourist Group of Invitation Letter for Tourist by a Duly Authorized Tourism Unit;

- An Invitation Letter issued by companies, corporations, institutions and individuals in China. If the invitation letter is issued by an individual in China, the photocopy of the ID of the individual is required.

Slightly different wording found on a chinese visa wesite: Use of the word Or

5. Invitation Letter issued by companies, corporations, institutions and individuals in China. If the invitation letter is issued by an individual in China, the photocopy of the ID of the individual is required. Or, applicant should provide a photocopy of the roundtrip airline ticket and hotel reservation.

http://houston.china...gqz/t674824.htm

Slightly different wording found on a chinese visa wesite: Use of the word Or

5. Invitation Letter issued by companies, corporations, institutions and individuals in China. If the invitation letter is issued by an individual in China, the photocopy of the ID of the individual is required. Or, applicant should provide a photocopy of the roundtrip airline ticket and hotel reservation.

. . . but with the same meaning. Only ONE of the documents is required.

For most of us, it would mean an invitation letter from a Chinese citizen.

If the invitation letter is issued by an individual in China, the photocopy of the ID of the individual is required.

No problem, hey lil' rabbit would you hand me your ID card so I can copy it? I wrote a small letter from you asking me to visit you in China and I need a copy of your ID to send in to your consulate in New York so I can get a visa to go with you and Fengqi to our home. I copy the ID and letter, the lil' rabbit and I drive over to the Triple a buildin', I give the copies to the nice lady there, and she sends them off to the consulate along with the "copy" of my round trip ticket.

Later....lil' rabbit and I sneak into the bathroom of the 777 at some point in the middle of the night, 7 miles above the polar icecap, and WHOOOOPIE

tsap seui

Just so I understand correctly, I now have to present an Invitation letter from an individual in China, or show hotel reservations, with round trip airline tickets to process my tourist visa?

So what are the chances of them accepting an invitation letter from my girlfriend?

I have a 1 year M entry Tourist visa that will be expiring soon, I was really hoping to be renewed under the multiple entry, it really cuts out a lot of head aches should I be worried?

Edited by Bparks777 (see edit history)

Just so I understand correctly, I now have to present an Invitation letter from an individual in China, or show hotel reservations, with round trip airline tickets to process my tourist visa?

So what are the chances of them accepting an invitation letter from my girlfriend?

I have a 1 year M entry Tourist visa that will be expiring soon, I was really hoping to be renewed under the multiple entry, it really cuts out a lot of head aches should I be worried?

As we're saying, it's simply a piece of paper to add to your application. Apparently from any Chinese citizen, including wives and girlfriends.

Later....lil' rabbit and I sneak into the bathroom of the 777 at some point in the middle of the night, 7 miles above the polar icecap, and WHOOOOPIE

tsap seui

Are you sure it's safe to pop those little blue pills at 35,000 feet? We would hate to Loose you, but what a way to go!