AP in GUZ is over after 99 Days

I received a reply from my inquiry to GUZ last week saying that our administrative processing is now completed for K-1 visa, and they will soon be sending letter of notification to fiancee to inform her how to proceed to obtain her visa stamp. I believe that they will be asking for her to mail her passport back. AP lasted 99 days (from interview approval on March 19 and subsequent change to AP status to end of AP on July 27). Medical exam was completed immediately prior to March 19 interview, so I believe the medical exam is still valid for another 2 months. From what I gather by reading, this part is relatively quick compared to the long wait in AP limbo. We still don't know why our case was changed from white slip to blue slip after interview approval, and we will probably never will. I do think that the Embassy staff are hard-working individuals; they just have many hundreds of thousands of cases to adjudicate. But I also think that our policy-makers should amend regulations to require that petitioners and beneficiaries be given a general idea why they are waiting and an expected time frame for resolution. Even though our case is drawing to an end, I feel bad for the many people who are painfully waiting in the dark, not knowing when or why or what next.