I need guys' opinion!

Hi guys,

I know that all of you are very warm-hearted, so would u mind offering some guys' opinion of "cold feet"?

There's a poor gal on 001 forum crying for day becoze her fiance became hesitated about getting married while her visa interview date is Feb 20th.

Pls give this gal some of your own experience.

Thanks!

well, the 001 forum is a Chinese forum, so if u do not understand Chinese, u don't have to go there.

The basic situation is like that: The guy thinks that the gal is so perfect that he is afraid that after getting married he would find some of her shortcomings later that he could't bear. He claimed that he need long period to be with her to decide whether he should marry her. (which I think it's impossible if he wouldn';t move to China). Also he told her that most American women just stay at home raising kids and he wanted her to be the same(he requires a "submissive female image". )She's only 24 and she would like to work besides having a family. She felt very unsafe about leaving her own country when she can't get any commitment fm him.

Also, I found an article in my Sociology book says that "American men are attracted to Asian matchmakers' websites because they want to find submissive wives." I am annoyed by this comment. I think as a couple, we should be lenient and nice to each other, respect each other, but that doesn;t mean one party should be submissive ;)

Hi Lori....

It would seem to me that this girl and this man have very different ideas about what they want. If she does not want to be the traditional wife that he wants, then she should not marry him. If she pretends to be one, and then demands to be something else, big trouble. You are not going to change his way of thinking about this.

Just my two cents...

Chinadave