Last Minute Issue -- 6 month police certificate?

Hello CFL members.

Got a call from my dear Jing this morning and she was quite upset (with herself).

We missed in the docs that they require a 6 month police "no crimes committed". Our interview is June 18th and we do not have this form.

She got a similar form when we went back to her hometown in January. Is this not the right form?

She's worried that she won't be able to get it before the interview. What could cause this?

If something happens and she doesn't get it, can we delay the interview by a week or two? Is that even possible? :sweating_buckets:

Looking for your input CFL. Thanks!

I beleive consulate considers it valid one year even if doc says 6 months.

However it is best to wait to get the required doc until after petition aproval.

Yes an interview can be delayed simply by holding on sending P3 back to consulate, or delay sending docs to NVC in the case of stateside process for spouse visa. This is what P3 stage is for, to gather docs for interview, they will not schedule interview until after you respond to P3.

They have already scheduled an interview for in 2 weeks. :gleam:

Jing went back to her hometown and got a police certificate. It is valid for 1 year. Do we need to get *another* certificate for the place where she lives and works now (for the last 6 months).

Alex

Jing went back to her hometown and got a police certificate. It is valid for 1 year. Do we need to get *another* certificate for the place where she lives and works now (for the last 6 months).

Alex

Typically, you are only required to get a Police Certificate from wherever in China your hokou is. So assuming her hokou is still in her hometown she should be fine. I am not sure a Chinese person can get a police certificate from a jurisdiction in China outside the place of her hokou. The only exception to this is if she lived overseas for over six months, then she needs it from that country as well.

Alex

No, her home town cert is a national cert, it covers her residency in all of China.

Alex

Typically, you are only required to get a Police Certificate from wherever in China your hokou is. So assuming her hokou is still in her hometown she should be fine. I am not sure a Chinese person can get a police certificate from a jurisdiction in China outside the place of her hokou. The only exception to this is if she lived overseas for over six months, then she needs it from that country as well.

Thanks for this info everyone. She'll be relieved to hear this! :gleam:

She's a bit under the weather because of the vaccines she got (made her a bit sick) so we'll just blame the mistake on that. :victory:

• Like 1

Get a paper stating she has no criminal records from the police office of her hukou area. Take the paper to the notary office (gong zheng chu) to get a "wu fan zui gong zheng".

3 days is enough. Bring cigarrettes and candies :happydance: requesting them to speed up.

This certificate is valid for one year.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure she already got it notarized but I will check! :gleam:

It should be in a white book attached to English translation from notary office, if so then you are set.

Get a paper stating she has no criminal records from the police office of her hukou area. Take the paper to the notary office (gong zheng chu) to get a "wu fan zui gong zheng".

3 days is enough. Bring cigarrettes and candies :happydance: requesting them to speed up.

This certificate is valid for one year.

It makes me a SmilingAmerican when I see Eunice post.

tsap seui

• Like 1