My wife has become a dadgum clothes horse

tsap seui

Since January I have been goingot the VA 3 days a week for therapy on a torn rotator cuff or some such problem with my right shoulder. Under direct orders I drop off SHMBO at a mall before running over to my appointment.

Well sir, the fancy of my eye has developed herself a fetish for shopping. In the three months I have been getting electric something or other done to my arm, ultrasound, and workin' out lil' rabbit has done bought 63 articles of clothing.

My dear frugal lil' rabbit has become obsessed with clothes, and worse yet, SHOPPING......what am I to do, I shriek into this manicured wilderness???

Lawd Gawd Almighty, what am I to do? She bought big name items like MNG, Dior, Nike, Addidas, SA, CK, Point Zero, Van Heusen, Article, and on the list goes.....the total price for all this stuff is $2,217.00.

Well, that was the list price....after I passed out, then came to, she showed me she had actually paid $309.00 for everything...LOL

It turns out she has been raiding Penny's and Macy's $2 and $4 sales racks. I swear, she's bought some damn nice clothes and many of them are SEXY just like she buys in China. I went with her Wednesday and found out her method....her size is S and XS and the shops evidenty give away stuff they can't sell timely. It being America there are too many women wearing S and XS so lots of those sizes are getting put on sale for next to nothing.

When I went in with her she took me to Macy's where she started looking at this pair of shoes she liked that cost $65.00. She told me she had been looking at them since January and they went on sale today at $48.00. When lil' rabbit got done we walked out with them for $31.00.

The girl is spoiled rotten now. Some of her cute lil' dresses, jackets, and pants started out at $85.00 or $76.00 and she got them for $4.00 or maybe $6.00. We walked past tops that were $46.00 or $65.00 and she keep right on walking, saying I'll wait until they are $4.00.

Lots of this stuff is heading right back to China where they started out...as gifts to family and friends. But, she has bought herself some darn nice things, and for Fengqi as well. She likes that you can buy brand names in America and you don't have to worry that they aren't knock offs, or that you have to pay 3 or 4 weeks of wages for them...LOL

Yes, she is obsessed with shopping at Macy's and Penny's...we went into Khols and Target and I had to run to keep up with her short strong legs....she didn't buy a thing....No $2 or $4 sales racks.

Heck, we couldn't even go into Goodwill and buy used clothes as cheap as she's buying new clothes from Macy's or Penny's. The lil' girl is ruined, I tells ya....and so is Macy's and Pennys and all the rest, the big box stores ain't ever gonna make a profit offa her size S and XS butt...any more. She's like a clothes shark, flashing through stores lookin' for the cast-off sales.

tsap seui

Life in America keeps on gettin' funnnier

• Like 2

I thought you were writing about my wife :rotfl: When Liping arrived in America a year ago I took her to the mall to get her clothes that she didn't have room for in the suitcases. Just so happened that Sears was having a sidewalk sale and I was please to then learn about her frugal shopping philosophy. She found some jeans (2 for $11) on clearance and now whenever we go shopping, she say she wants to go where they have "2 for 11". Just like your lil' rabbit, if it aint on DEEP discount she won't buy til it is. She also is in love with the outlet stores.

It's like you say. everything seems to be made in China and that's where many of her purchases will end up as gifts on our first return trip. She keeps telling me about the "Chinese Culture" of reciprocity with gift giving which I realize is part of the saving face culture. But I am thrilled with her frugality.

no surprise to me. 2 funny tsap. i love your stories. frankly i can't wait till i buy a car with mine. i once saw her stand down a millet grinder for 5 damn minutes over 2 yuan. 2 kilos of millet.... poor guy kept trying to get away and she wouldn't let him go....

LOL tsap! Your getting some OT, my new profession!!! I would love to treat you, you mean E-stimulation, its some good stuff!! Listen to your OT and follow the exercises and keep your shoulder active, the last thing you want is a frozen shoulder. I bet you do a lot of "pendulum exercises" and "finger ladder" exercises lol. Hope you get better man!

As for shopping, Macy's has a great deal on those discount racks sometimes!

Li is the same way, tsap, except she rarely buys clothes for herself. Mostly she buys for Salina. She still has clothing that she owned when I met her, in 1997. For example, on a recent anniversary (April 4th), she wore the same outfit she wore on our first date. And they still fit! Back to her shopping - she combines sales, coupons, return strategies and the like to purchase expensive clothing at a fraction of the normal price. As a result, Salina is the best dressed kid in her class. She also dresses me far better than I ever did for myself. Even my ball caps, a required part of male attire in these parts, are top of the line.

Why is this a surprise to you?

A big 'duh' to boot...

Now now, you ol' boyz oughta know by now, I'm dumber, and happier, than a big ol' spotted trout chewin'' hisself a dayglo green plastic worm. :crazy:

For so many years I had to sit alone in the back of the room and read everyone else's stories, just like this. :baby: May I never become jaded when the next newbie makes a post like this. :)

tsap seui

walkin' around in unfettered bliss

• Like 1

You know there is nothing I like more than watching my wife try on her new set of clothes or shoes.

She looks damn good in them.

It's a process where I like what she is wearing, bring on the next thing and this requires removal of the old things.

yes . . .. . .. ...all. mmmm hmmmm . . . all sweetie!

:gleam:

....those new shoes are best appreciated without the distraction of those old clothes.

and walk around a little bit too.....

:happydance:

I've learned to tough out those expendatures.....

Why is this a surprise to you?

A big 'duh' to boot...

Now now, you ol' boyz oughta know by now, I'm dumber, and happier, than a big ol' spotted trout chewin'' hisself a dayglo green plastic worm. :crazy:

For so many years I had to sit alone in the back of the room and read everyone else's stories, just like this. :baby: May I never become jaded when the next newbie makes a post like this. :)

tsap seui

walkin' around in unfettered bliss

Lemme know when she comes home with a Plastic Bag that has an Oscar de la Renta logo on it (but not white). :sweating_buckets: Then you'll know what a major league Power Shopper is. But she'll spout the virtues and completely justify the purchase :blahblah1:

http://www.pursepage.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/oscar-de-la-renta-transparent-travel-tote.jpg

Edited by Yuanyang (see edit history)

Just don't let her "trust herself", like the self checkout at WalMart as permission to load the car and come back to pay for the rest.

Heck Douggie, at the prices she's payin' for clothes, $2 for something that started out at $85, she has no need to boost anything, Pennys and Macy's are practically givin' her clothes. I've been amazed that she found any sexy clothes in those stores like she buys in Chiner but durn if she ain't bought some nice short short tight skirts, vests, and tops.

Interesting, she hates jeans with a passion, would NEVER buy a pair, and I had to coax her to buy a pair of tennis shoes for work..she dislikes them too.

I took her to Walmart a few times, she likes the place but I don't think she has bought any clothes there...now she says their prices are too high. :rotfl:

It's a ton of fun to see her happy face when she gets into the car with some clothes she got at a cheap price. She says some of the articles of clothing she buys here would cost her 3,000 rmb in Chiner. Then again, Chiner is one of the most expensive countries I've ever visited. I find it hilarious that she is buying clothes made in Chiner for so cheap in America and most all of them are going right back to Chiner as gifts...at pennys on the rmb at what they would cost in Chiner. Funny how that works, huh?

tsap seui

Lemme know when she comes home with a Plastic Bag that has an Oscar de la Renta logo on it (but not white). :sweating_buckets: Then you'll know what a major league Power Shopper is. But she'll spout the virtues and completely justify the purchase :blahblah1:

http://www.pursepage.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/oscar-de-la-renta-transparent-travel-tote.jpg

Bob-ah-lu, wasn't this Oscar de la Renta guy the dictator of one of them pinto bean and burrito republics down yonder south of the border? I thought he had a heart attack and died while in the saddle of a young hot tamale. :happydance:

tsap seui

"..I find it hilarious that she is buying clothes made in Chiner for so cheap in America and most all of them are going right back to Chiner as gifts...at pennys on the rmb at what they would cost in Chiner. Funny how that works, huh?.." And its all about keepin' up.

Portland is sorta ground zero for a lot of sportswear companies, (Nike, Columbia Sportswear. etc.) So nothing amuses her more than buying Columbia Sportswear at the local outlet store and shipping it BACK to China to her sister.. (with the price tag attached, of course, to rub her sister's nose in the steep mark up shes been paying in Fushan.

But you're right Tsap, same story here---seems the "s", and "xs" sizes are for the store mannequins, mostly, here in America, so she also waits until the giveaway prices--- (next stop --- the dumpster..)