Advice for a Second Visa

Hello Brothers

Well I have met a new very special lady . We are going threw with a CR1 visa . I met a new and Very Special Lady [ LING } she Lives in Liaoyang

we were married in China We have started the Visa Process.I would like to know If Anyone else has gone threw a second Visa . I know there could be a RED Flag but has any one gone threw it before

Thanks

Michael-Sean

I think there is an amount of time that must pass in between 1st and 2nd visa applications but will have to let the more experienced folks speak to that. Good luck with everything!

You may be thinking if the IMBRA rules of the K-1..

If filing for a third K-1 within two years will require a waiver, also will track and inform beneficiary if there was one or more approved K-1 visas within the past 10 years.

Ok. Two problems already... Red Flags are:

1. You married a second time

2. You filed before asking advice on what to submit the second time around

Because of this, there is so much we can do now for you. You need to move through the process and probably should go the electronic processing route if your trying to save time.

By the time of the interview, she should know your life history in very good detail and be able to answer any question posed. This is a general recommendation and she may be asked quite fewer or quite a bit more. Questions can range from 4 to 40. I would recommend you practice for 50.

There are so many variables that come into this process which is supposed to be consistently applied. But both your past histories, your reasons for meeting, your timing between relationships, her location/age/children, etc, all make this a rubik's cube outcome. We have not heard any of your variables so we cannot state any other flags that you might want to prepare for.

Some do the second time and breeze through. Others get grilled at the interview and walk away feeling beat up. Others beat the system because the relationship actually is based on a deep understanding of each other and all answers are provided. How she responds (her confidence, ability to answer) goes much much further than most realize. Take nothing for granted and prepare her for a full court press.

Been there, done that. Second time around can be rough as your case will get watched more closely. The only real red flag will be how when and why your previous relationship ended. Is the previous wifel in the United States? Did she get 10 year green card then you divorced? How long was the relationship?

In our case, the previous visa cause my current wife to wait almost 2 years for Visa, caused me to get called in to the local USCIS office and I was interviewed. It caused a initial denial in Guangzhou and we re-applied.

The reason for all the hassle? I was never sure why we failed the first interview until I was called into interview when we re-applied. The Officer here in the states told me flat out "I know you are profiting from bringing women to the States". USCIS and Guangzhou felt I was commiting immigration fraud for profit.

You are in a battle now, you need to prepare prepare prepare your wife because she will get hammered at interview about your previous relationship and she will have to prove not only is your relationship bonafide, she will also have to prove your previous relationship is bonafide and was not immigration fraud. I know this sounds stupid that Guangzhou puts this onto your current wife, a woman who had no idea of this previous relationship until you told her.

Here are some questions my wife was asked at the first failed K1 interview:

1. Do you know you husband was married to another Chinese woman?

2. Why did he marry her and bring her to the States?

3. Where does she live now?

4. When did he divorce his previous wife?

5. (This one was blatant lie by VO in attempt to through wife off) Do you know he received $50,000 from previous wife to bring her to the United States?

The last question actually sunk Guangzhou's case against us, and when I was called into interview it got ugly in the room with 2 more officers called to the room because after about 10 minutes of being nice and answering questions I cut loose and tore into them about the lies spewed by the Guangzhou Officer, and the petty questioning that was occuring.

After 45 more minutes I walked out vowing to win at all costs against these slime balls, and actually as it occured by the time I got home (1 hour drive) my phone had a message that our application was approved and being forwarded to Guangzhou.

At this point I enlisted the big cannon Marc Ellis, his troop on the ground in Guangzhou briefed my wife, he sent letters to the leader of the Officers in Guangzhou. My wife walked into the interview with fire in her heart, dumped 20lbs of paper on the little counter in front of the window in full view of the officer.

Visa Officer begins the interview, it was all nice questions, basically small talk, and says Grats you passed.

Now, my wife has been here almost a year. Her son has joined us here in the States. I am happier then I have ever been in my 50 years of life and everyday I wake up next to a woman I couldn't feel more thankful for.

You have begun your process with the second wife, don't give up, you have to fight for what you want. But moral of the story is be prepared. I hope you are one of the easy ones, one that they say OK you passed and give you Visa, but be ready to be labeled one of the bad ones like me.

Best of luck to you

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

OMG, you're scaring me now Scott! I met my ex-wife online 9/2001 and we received K-1 visa in 3/2003. We were married until 5/2011; so it was an 8-year marriage and a 10-year relationship. I met my current fiancee online in October 2011 and will be making my 2nd visit to China a few weeks from now the end of April.

Here I go again! I will be filing the I-129f in May. Although I had to wade through the infamous Black Hole of 2002, I see now that I was lucky then that my fiancee spoke perfect English.

This will actually be my 3rd marriage, because I also had an 8-year marriage (to a U.S. girl) when I was a teenager. That one ended in 1977. My fiancee spoke only a little English when I visited her in February of this year, but she is taking classes. I am concerned about how well she can converse in English by the time the visa interview occurs.

Edited by AZwolfman (see edit history)

Actually you are not looking bad at all, the fact that your previous marriage lasted 8 years is a good thing. The only red flag really is only 5 months between one relationship ending and the next beginning.

You will be fine, but better to be a little scared so you prepare for it then getting blindsided at interview.

She can take the interview in Chinese, English is not required for the interview though they will want to know how you communicate, so if she has some basic English she will do great.

Goodluck to you