April Interview Group (Common Posting Thread)

Should be able to do medical within a few days prior to interview, should have passport by then, it WILL be needed for the interview, and what is Chinese passport doing in the USA?

My wife needed to show her passport when paying her K-1 visa fee at the bank, I suspect the med center will be just as anal and require to see the actual passport.

You're probably right. I'll just plan to send it to her ASAP. As to what it is doing here, Taxes. I needed it for the ITIN. Not knowing that we'd need it again prior to the interview, it made sense to just send it here and then I would hand carry it back to her prior to the interview. I would still do it that way except that I won't be arriving there until the 15th and document turn in day for us is the 17th (based on the letter saying our interview was that day at 1230). In theory she could do the medical thing on Monday the 16th but that seems to be cutting it pretty close to me.

Yes a bit close, however not unusual, my wife had her medical done the day before interview, same day expedited service at the med center located on Shamian island, had to be there first thing in the morning. We had no choice, interview was the Monday following the spring festival holiday, med center was closed until the Sunday before our interview.

Hmmm... We may give some thought to doing it that way. I'd prefer to do it sooner rather than later. However, I'm concerned about the risk of mailing the passport again. If it got lost, by the time we knew it was definitely lost and not merely late it would be far too late to do anything about it prior to the interview. How good is the hospital about spitting out results quickly?

Hmmm... We may give some thought to doing it that way. I'd prefer to do it sooner rather than later. However, I'm concerned about the risk of mailing the passport again. If it got lost, by the time we knew it was definitely lost and not merely late it would be far too late to do anything about it prior to the interview. How good is the hospital about spitting out results quickly?

We were in by 8am, and had results by 5pm, we explored the area around the med center, Shamain Island is quite scenic, and has many gift shops, Visit the White Swan Hotel, they have nice though expensive shops, even a Star Bucks coffee in the area.

The other hospital has been reported to do same day service too.

We were in by 8am, and had results by 5pm, we explored the area around the med center, Shamain Island is quite scenic, and has many gift shops, Visit the White Swan Hotel, they have nice though expensive shops, even a Star Bucks coffee in the area.

The other hospital has been reported to do same day service too.

If for any reason they didn't deliver on time or refused to do so, do you know what the fall back position would be?

If for any reason they didn't deliver on time or refused to do so, do you know what the fall back position would be?

Go to interview without, get approved for visa pending medical, get blue slip, and turn in the medical packet then next day.

Go to interview without, get approved for visa pending medical, get blue slip, and turn in the medical packet then next day.

Good to know it is a simple fall back. Do you know off hand how much of a delay that would cause, beyond the obvious day or so anyway.

So, the wife went and got her medical check done. They let her do it without having the passport in hand. Oddly, despite the instructions saying it would be 900, they charged her 1250. Anyone else see that kind of thing?

Good to hear was able to get done without passport in hand.

About price, it is called inflation, price noted by consulate is what it was a few years ago when they did that instruction sheet.

So, the wife went and got her medical check done. They let her do it without having the passport in hand. Oddly, despite the instructions saying it would be 900, they charged her 1250. Anyone else see that kind of thing?

Good to hear was able to get done without passport in hand.

About price, it is called inflation, price noted by consulate is what it was a few years ago when they did that instruction sheet.

Yeah, but the instruction sheet is dated for late last year. I suppose it is possible they didn't bother to update it?

You guys are gonna be okay at that interview. As far as stress and a lil' fearful tension, I found out a long time ago that a bit of fear puts you on your toes and makes you perform at your best.

Your wife will do a good job. Soon all of this crap will be behind you and you guys can live your life.

Good luck, I hope the best for you guys.

tsap seui

You guys are gonna be okay at that interview. As far as stress and a lil' fearful tension, I found out a long time ago that a bit of fear puts you on your toes and makes you perform at your best.

Your wife will do a good job. Soon all of this crap will be behind you and you guys can live your life.

Good luck, I hope the best for you guys.

tsap seui

Thanks man, that means a lot. :)

T-Minus 3 Days and counting till the trip... 8 for the Interview.

I have this nagging feeling I'm forgetting something for document turn-in day.

I've got the AOS (I-864EZ) form, signed with all supporting bits (tax returns for the last three years, including 2011, employment letter, pay stub showing YTD)

The DS-230 with part one signed and part two ready to sign. She has the three white books (Marriage License, Criminal Report, Birth Certificate)

The package also has all the evidence that went with the I-130, and a copy of the I-130 and it's supporting forms as well. (We don't turn these again, do we?)

She has a grip of pictures she put together using ones that were taken after the July2011 trip. I'll be bringing a brick of ones taken before that time.

Am I forgetting anything?

we got an apr 26 interview date... originally had one for february... but they couldnt complete the health check in beijing in time... and now im totally freaking out because this one is after tax day, but all my i-864s were prepared for an interview before 2012 apr 15... and now i dont know how being after apr15 effects my i-864s... they are still less than a year old.. (joint sponsor signed 9/26/2011 with a most recent year of 2010) and there is no way he could get me a new one in time if he has even filed yet for this year. and my most recent is 2010 tax year also... i havent even thought of doing 2011 yet as i wasnt even required to file due to insufficient income... totally freaking out :(