April Interview Group (Common Posting Thread)

• 2 weeks later...

I finally get to post in one of these....

17April2012 at 1230!!!!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Well I'll be danged....pop my suspenders, I wasn't sure I was gonna live long enough to see this post...LOL

Good luck on the 17th.

tsap seui

I finally get to post in one of these....

17April2012 at 1230!!!!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Well I'll be danged....pop my suspenders, I wasn't sure I was gonna live long enough to see this post...LOL

Good luck on the 17th.

tsap seui

Haha... thanks.. I was starting to wonder the same thing... :D

I do rather wish it was a day earlier though. Since it is around 3 business days to actually get the visa in hand, it means we probably won't have the visa in hand until the 23rd. What with the interview date itself being the 18th.

Still though, we're happy as can be to see something that looks like light at the end of the tunnel. :D

Don't worry. Our interview I do believe was on a Thursday. A friendly guard who was very happy to see our elation took us aside and told us the consulate was working that Saturday and to look for the letters everyday. Shore enuff, we got the passports with their visa stamps on Sunday. Call the post office in the mornings and afternoons. Sunday morning they didn't have our letters, Sunday afternoon they did. We were SO OUTTA that hot steamy Guangzhou on the next plane out Doidge.

You guys will be fine man. Keep your spirits up and work on those interview questions like there is no tomorrow. I would play bad interview officer and rant and rave at Wenyan trying to shake her up. Her K-1 interview officer didn't make her lose her focus as hard as she yelled and screamed at her, and neither could I. :victory: The IR-1 interview wound up being like an old home coming event. The interview officer kept laughing and telling Wenyan you've passed, I don't need anything else

I look forward to reading of your success.t

tsap seui

Don't worry. Our interview I do believe was on a Thursday. A friendly guard who was very happy to see our elation took us aside and told us the consulate was working that Saturday and to look for the letters everyday. Shore enuff, we got the passports with their visa stamps on Sunday. Call the post office in the mornings and afternoons. Sunday morning they didn't have our letters, Sunday afternoon they did. We were SO OUTTA that hot steamy Guangzhou on the next plane out Doidge.

You guys will be fine man. Keep your spirits up and work on those interview questions like there is no tomorrow. I would play bad interview officer and rant and rave at Wenyan trying to shake her up. Her K-1 interview officer didn't make her lose her focus as hard as she yelled and screamed at her, and neither could I. :victory: The IR-1 interview wound up being like an old home coming event. The interview officer kept laughing and telling Wenyan you've passed, I don't need anything else

I look forward to reading of your success.t

tsap seui

We're not practicing the interview as much as I'd like. It has me a bit nervous,but with our schedules we're just not able to have the time. She's working or I'm working all day every day with the exception of a narrow window each morning and evening best measured in minutes. So that just leaves the weekends.

We're planning on flying back here out of HKG, that ought not present any problem should it? As to the interview itself, I think we'll be okay as well as long as they read and believe our evidence. Either way, it's going to be a long and nervous three weeks until we know. We'll just have to wait and see...

We're planning on flying back here out of HKG, that ought not present any problem should it? As to the interview itself, I think we'll be okay as well as long as they read and believe our evidence. Either way, it's going to be a long and nervous three weeks until we know. We'll just have to wait and see...

Not a problem, can enter HKG using passport and US visa, and showing proof of onward travel within 7 days of entry.

For the medical check, would the wife need her passport?

I don't recall needing the passport at the medical center, however it is best to have it along with other paperwork when doing the medical.

5 years ago when my wife did her medical we had all paperwork, and at that time the med center use to take all documents including things like cert of no marriage, birth cert, police cert, DS-156, etc... and seal them in the envelope. This is no longer the case. Now the med center provides one or two sealed envelopes, in the case of a spouse visa (CR-1) one envelope containing medical results and vaccinations record, or in the case of a K-Visa, two envelopes, one with medical, and the other with vaccinations record for later use in the states.

Not a problem, can enter HKG using passport and US visa, and showing proof of onward travel within 7 days of entry.

I don't recall needing the passport at the medical center, however it is best to have it along with other paperwork when doing the medical.

5 years ago when my wife did her medical we had all paperwork, and at that time the med center use to take all documents including things like cert of no marriage, birth cert, police cert, DS-156, etc... and seal them in the envelope. This is no longer the case. Now the med center provides one or two sealed envelopes, in the case of a spouse visa (CR-1) one envelope containing medical results and vaccinations record, or in the case of a K-Visa, two envelopes, one with medical, and the other with vaccinations record for later use in the states.

We're trying to confirm one way or the other on the passport thing. The instructions do say that you need to present it, so therefore we think you do. However, our core question is whether or not they need the physical passport or will a copy do at that stage. It makes the difference between me trying to overnight the passport back to her from the States or just take it with me when I go over there in a couple of weeks.

We're trying to confirm one way or the other on the passport thing. The instructions do say that you need to present it, so therefore we think you do. However, our core question is whether or not they need the physical passport or will a copy do at that stage. It makes the difference between me trying to overnight the passport back to her from the States or just take it with me when I go over there in a couple of weeks.

Should be able to do medical within a few days prior to interview, should have passport by then, it WILL be needed for the interview, and what is Chinese passport doing in the USA?

My wife needed to show her passport when paying her K-1 visa fee at the bank, I suspect the med center will be just as anal and require to see the actual passport.

Should be able to do medical within a few days prior to interview, should have passport by then, it WILL be needed for the interview, and what is Chinese passport doing in the USA?

My wife needed to show her passport when paying her K-1 visa fee at the bank, I suspect the med center will be just as anal and require to see the actual passport.

You're probably right. I'll just plan to send it to her ASAP. As to what it is doing here, Taxes. I needed it for the ITIN. Not knowing that we'd need it again prior to the interview, it made sense to just send it here and then I would hand carry it back to her prior to the interview. I would still do it that way except that I won't be arriving there until the 15th and document turn in day for us is the 17th (based on the letter saying our interview was that day at 1230). In theory she could do the medical thing on Monday the 16th but that seems to be cutting it pretty close to me.

You're probably right. I'll just plan to send it to her ASAP. As to what it is doing here, Taxes. I needed it for the ITIN. Not knowing that we'd need it again prior to the interview, it made sense to just send it here and then I would hand carry it back to her prior to the interview. I would still do it that way except that I won't be arriving there until the 15th and document turn in day for us is the 17th (based on the letter saying our interview was that day at 1230). In theory she could do the medical thing on Monday the 16th but that seems to be cutting it pretty close to me.

Yes a bit close, however not unusual, my wife had her medical done the day before interview, same day expedited service at the med center located on Shamian island, had to be there first thing in the morning. We had no choice, interview was the Monday following the spring festival holiday, med center was closed until the Sunday before our interview.