Positive Recognition for a Job Well Done

Come this November, I will have been a member of this illustrious forum for ten years. When I first signed up for Candle, I would have never predicted I would have hung around that long. Needless to say, over the course of those almost ten years, I have seen many members come and go. Many I missed and still do - a few others I was glad to see go. And over the years I have also seen others who were tireless in their efforts to help those going through the process. These folks were such great assets to the board. I am speaking of members like Donahso who was our fearless leader; warpedbored who now has that thankless role; and Frank 1538, a member who many may not know, but was a positive force of help and was an encyclopedia of immigration information. When Frank left the board a few years back, it was a major loss.

I say all this because I want to recognize a specific member of this board who I feel has gone far beyond the call of duty in immersing himself in the subtleties, arcana, and more esoteric aspects of the visa process. In a process that is constantly changing, this is no small task. This member repeatedly gives wise, solid information that newbies, those in difficulty, and those who have been blue slipped for whatever reasons, can readily use to deal with whatever they are facing.

dnoblett, my hat is off to you and I want you to know as an "Old Old Timer" of this board, I appreciate so much what you do for this community. From the things you post, I am well aware that you have spent much time and effort exploring and keeping current on the visa process and its intricacies. Again, I thank you for your sacrifice and your efforts.

There are many other who help as well. It's just that the job Dan has done is exemplary. He has helped countless folks here and he should, at least in my eyes, be recognized for it.

I wasn't sure where to post this, so if a mod wants to move it, feel free.

Edited by Mick (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Amen to that, Mick!!! Dan goes way above and beyond with his tireless help and encouragement. A heckuva nice guy who never loses his focus on the most "important" part of Candle....helping others become successful with their interviews and come home to America together.

Man, while I'm not as "old" as you Mick (by many years) :rotfl: I look back to late 2006 when I was researching different sites for anything I could on our K-1 I stumbled upon VJ and right off the bat saw Dan with his swingin' tail cat avatar advising another fellow to go to CFL as he had a Chinese girlfriend.

Dan's advice to another guy was the luckiest advice I ever got and took. Candle has meant everything to me and my family.

Thank you for your help Dan....as many have said....YOU DA MAN. Your selfless and tireless help to others is nothing short of AWESOME. :worthy: :worthy:

Great thread Mick, ol' Dan is a one of a kind type human being. :yay:

tsap seui

It's Dan's moment here, but I also agree with Mick about Don and Carl...two stand up guys who put up with me and encouraged me through the whole "couple of months" it took us to get the visas. As well, to David who put up the FAQ's that I read and took notes until my mind was a blur.

• Like 1