Watching movies on the phone.

RobertH

Ok I need your help in getting a new phone for me..... I got Hui a IPhone 4s but she did not like it because you can not watch Chinese movies on it from the websites since it dose not work with flash. So we are returning that phone and I will give her my Thunderbolt and I will get the razr Maxx. But now I have a problem with the thunderbolt.... It will connect tot the Chinese website but when you go to watch a movie a warning comes up that my ip address is in the USA so it won't play the movie... Anyone know a work around for it? Or a website here that has the movies? The site we go to is www.qire123.com

I don't know a way around it...

But as far as the iPhone, my wife watches Chinese tv shows and movies on her phone(and iPad) with apps like PPTV and PPS.

Excellent!..

My wife uses PPTV exclusively to watch Chinese programing, we do this on a netbook computer, the 10" screen makes more sense than watching on a cell phone with it's tiny screen.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pptv-wang-luo-dian-shi-iphone/id438426078?mt=8

Honestly, I can't imagine someone wanting to burn up their phone battery by watching movies over the internet... I think the problem is bigger than imagined...

But... there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of chinese websites to watch movies.

The most basic approach is to use Baidu.com search and you get a choice of multiple sites to watch the same movie.

The best single source, IMO, is Xunlei.com... and there is 80ab.com, tudou.com, tom365.com, youku.com... too many to list.

Doesn't anyone have TVs anymore? We have a fairly cheap laptop that runs PPTV plugged into the flatscreen in mother's room. She loves everything on it.

Been trying to talk the wife into doing just that but she says "no want." Haven't had a working TV here for several years and it looks like it will be many more years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Doesn't anyone have TVs anymore? We have a fairly cheap laptop that runs PPTV plugged into the flatscreen in mother's room. She loves everything on it.

Been trying to talk the wife into doing just that but she says "no want." Haven't had a working TV here for several years and it looks like it will be many more years.

To be honest, I don't use my TV very much either unless I'm streaming Netflixs, Hulu or basic cable through it. Most of my viewing is done either on a computer or through a computer in some form or fashion. I don't plan on buying another TV for a long time, because there doesn't seem to be any reason to.

I swear, my dadgum TV screen is smaller than most laptop screens.....we'd be steppin' down to look at anything on that pip-squeek.....BURP...scuse me, I ate me a big ol' pile of pinto beans this mornin'.

tsap seui

Why?

Oh well. Glad you returned the overated 4s. Notmuch of a phone either, but then none of them are until the put a phone, with real and only numbered buttons, on one side and the computer on the other.

Been done, with this and other similar phones. Still have mine, but the slow (10 yr old) processor, 16mB memory, and short battery life make it all but unusable The iPhone styling is just too stylish, these days. Even my wife has adapted to her Huawei Android iPad-clone.

http://st2.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/snp900.gif

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Been done, with this and other similar phones. Still have mine, but the slow (10 yr old) processor, 16mB memory, and short battery life make it all but unusable The iPhone styling is just too stylish, these days. Even my wife has adapted to her Huawei Android iPad-clone.

http://st2.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/snp900.gif

Not mentioning that one cannot replace their iPhone battery themself... Apple really pulled a fast one with that and continues it without relief.