March Interview Group (Common Posting Thread)

i have some questions since our interview is on march 7th :) As far as time is concerned which is better, picking up the visa in guangzhou or having it sent to our house? Also, the statements that were prepared and not accepted at the initial I-130, can I hand those in on document intake day?

I believe most say it is better to have the visa packet mailed to home address especially if not living in Guangzhou, I have seen some cases where it does not arrive at the Guangzhou Post Office in the normal 2-3 days incurring additional costs of staying at a hotel, and perhaps even missing an airline flight.

Only what is indicated in OF-169, Affidavit of support, Medical, and passport photos get turned in at document intake, any extra relationship evidences can be brought into the interview.

• 2 weeks later...

My fiancee just passed her interview on the 29th and we had them send her visa to the Guangzhou Post office because we have a flight out from changsha , where my fiancee lives, to Hawaii on Mar 8th. I did not want the mail to get lost from Guangzhou to Changsha so we opted to have it go "straight" to the Post Offilce here in guangzhou. I thought one less trip it has to take before getting into our hands. You know, directly to Post office here and not to Post Office here then to Changsha. More people to handle it , the more chances that it will be mistakenly sent to other places. I didn't want to take that chance. even if my advisor here said it takes about the same time. Just thinking for ourselves and making our best guess decision for ourselves. Hope we are right. he,he,he..

• Like 3

My fiancee just passed her interview on the 29th and we had them send her visa to the Guangzhou Post office because we have a flight out from changsha , where my fiancee lives, to Hawaii on Mar 8th. I did not want the mail to get lost from Guangzhou to Changsha so we opted to have it go "straight" to the Post Offilce here in guangzhou. I thought one less trip it has to take before getting into our hands. You know, directly to Post office here and not to Post Office here then to Changsha. More people to handle it , the more chances that it will be mistakenly sent to other places. I didn't want to take that chance. even if my advisor here said it takes about the same time. Just thinking for ourselves and making our best guess decision for ourselves. Hope we are right. he,he,he..

Good deal Will and financee!!!! Great news!!!!

I did the same thing when my wife and dear son passed their interviews. NO WAY were their visas getting sent anywhere but just down the street for us to pick up.

I wanted to keep it simple and get the HELL out of hot stinkin' Guangzhou FOREVER!!!!!! Yeah baby!!!

Good luck with your new life, man.

tsap seui

• 4 weeks later...

My fiance passed his interview yesterday, and I just wanted to thank everyone here for sharing your experiences and advice. I haven't written many posts, but I've done a lot of lurking here and on VisaJourney, which really helped us get our ducks in a row.

My fiance passed his interview yesterday, and I just wanted to thank everyone here for sharing your experiences and advice. I haven't written many posts, but I've done a lot of lurking here and on VisaJourney, which really helped us get our ducks in a row.

Great news! Congrats to you both!

• Like 1

What a happy day for you guys. It's always nice to share in others successes. Good luck with the future

tsap seui

• Like 1

Tsap.

"Good luck with your new life, man." You and your wife too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was meant for you in the last post. Had to repost just to make sure you got the message from me correctly.

wilfred

Gottcha man. Look forward to hearing more good news from you.

Aloha...or as we say, with mamy more words, here in the mountains....Yawl take care now, ya'heah :victory:

tsap seui

Thanks you guys!!!!!!!!!

We got home on Mar 15 and it's been very busy getting new furniture, cell phone, registering for English school , meeting my friends and relatives. She loves meeting Chinese people so she can have her Chinese friends too. We know a couple of Chinese couples with US husbands like me but are meeting more who have just passed their interviews and who will be returning from visiting China and their families so she is waiting to meet as much as she can. Oh yeah, especially in school she thought , that she could meet many more but she says those from her class are not too freindly and are not too happy here it seems. some Chinese women she meets in school have been here for 20 years and only now are going to English school. No wonder thery are not happy - they haven't assimilated into the community I tell her. She agrees.

We are getting to know of each other that we didn't know even in these past two weeks. But everything is good and I guess we are getting adjusted to each other now. I guess the "honeymoon " is over already. he,he,he. :-)

wilfred

• 2 weeks later...